DROID RAZR HD Receiving New Update to Build 9.16.6

tbro4033

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Got my update this morning. Haven't cared to play around with the camera, but haven't noticed anything improved. Phone is still lag-prone.

And as some of you mentioned, my SMS delivery reports are screwed up. First one I sent never went through (red X). Every text after that gives me the arrow ("sent") report, but not the checkmark. I'd like to think this would be fixed quickly, but I don't really trust Motorola/Verizon to act on anything in a timely manner. We can only hope...

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I checked, delivery confirmation is not working. I don't use it so not an issue for me but that's a pretty big oversight... It just stays at the green arrow.

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
So is the SMS comfirmation problem just with Motorolas? Or is it a known problem with 4.1.2 in general?

I can't find anything when Googling it, so I worry it's just us... and so likely won't get fixed any time soon.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Just installed. Wow outgoing texts are blazing fast. My bank balance auto reply thing responded in like less than 5 seconds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Response I got from my post on the Motorola forums;

"Yeah, it's inconsistent. When it works correctly it should work when texting other Verizon users. Right now there are some network conditions where it won't do that consistently. It's been root-caused and I expect it to be corrected in a future update. Sorry about that."

Ugh, I use that feature. I like to be sure that my children got my messages.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what "com.gravitymobile.app.hornbill" is? I've never noticed it before in my Downloaded Apps. Not sure if it came along with the new update, or if it was always there. No option to uninstall or disable.

trevor83

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I got the update this morning. I've had 5 random reboots since then. And I had a blue screen of death. Seriously, I thought that only happened on Windows computers. Screen went solid blue and no response. Had to hold down power and volume buttons to get it back. I'm all stock, no root. What the heck is going on?

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know what "com.gravitymobile.app.hornbill" is? I've never noticed it before in my Downloaded Apps. Not sure if it came along with the new update, or if it was always there. No option to uninstall or disable.

Must be part of the update as I have it now too and didn't before.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

jmunster

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
They have pointed this out on the podcast several times: Location within the country has nothing to do with the availability of an OTA update. Just saying. Got it today by checking for update. Anyone have success or trouble with enterprise 802.11x auth wireless? Having trouble...

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
SO what can I do to get it if I'd flashed the 4.1.1 update before it was OTA? I don't think my phone will see this as an OTA update.