Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default Text Message Notification

I have had my Razr Maxx HD for about a month and this has happened a few times already but I was somehow able to clear it...

My icon for text messages still shows one new message even though all of my messages have been read. I noticed it would do that with a group message but then when I would receive another text, the notification icon would correct itself. It did it again last night and I thought receiving new messages this morning would clear it. I received a number of messages this morning and it still shows one new message even though there isn't one.

For the time being, I have downloaded Go SMS Pro and clicked mark all as read within that app but the number one still sits on my text message icon in my menu of icons.

I do not want to delete all of my messages but that seems to be the only thing that would clear it based on research from various forums. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running 4.1.1 and build # 9.8.1Q_39.

Thanks.

Default Re: Text Message Notification

If you uninstall GO SMS Pro & any other 3rd party SMS App do you still have that problem?

Global Posts
    1,605 Global Posts
    Carrier
    HTC One stock

Is there still the text message icon at the top in the drop down bar?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I just deleted Go SMS Pro and the little orange one on my default text icon is still there. There are not notifications in my drop down menu.

Exact same thing happened to me. GoSms is fine but default text message shows one unread. I never fixed it or figured it out. Did a alternate hard reset instead since it was running a bit laggy and wanted to clean everything up. Hasn't happened since.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Try this:
    -Back up your SMS--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oggles.smssync
    -Clear the App Data of the stock SMS App (this will delete your SMS)
    -Restore the backup
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    Try this:
    -Back up your SMS--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oggles.smssync
    -Clear the App Data of the stock SMS App (this will delete your SMS)
    -Restore the backup
    I downloaded SMS Backup+ and then performed a backup. Then I went into my settings and cleared the data for my stock text messaging app and it didn't delete my messages even though I tapped clear data.

Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Square85 View Post
    I went into my settings and cleared the data for my stock text messaging app and it didn't delete my messages
    In that case, open your stock SMS App & manually delete all the threads then restore the backup.

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts

Clearing data in the app info section isn't supposed to delete messages.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    In that case, open your stock SMS App & manually delete all the threads then restore the backup.
    So I completely wiped out my texts from within the app by highlighting all of them and hitting the trash. The icon still showed a one! I gave up and did a backup of my texts then wiped out my phone with a reset.

Finally cleared the icon and I have turned off group messaging in my settings. Everything will come through as an individual message like the new Windows Phones on Verizon. Let's hope it was fixed...

I have this problem when I send an MMS text it'll show a 1 and, then I'll go into the message that I sent and it goes away.

I also noticed that if an MMS doesn't send it'll do this.....

It was like this before and after the update.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tooter123 View Post
    I have this problem when I send an MMS text it'll show a 1 and, then I'll go into the message that i sent and it goes away.

I also noticed that if an MMS doesn't send it'll do this.....

It was like this before and after the update.
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue. I've now downloaded the Verizon Messages app since it now syncs with whatever device it is on. I have it installed on my RAZR MAXX HD and my Nexus 7; it's sort of like I have iMessage now like when I had my iPhone and iPad.

I am having the same problem! I've tried everything and I don't want to do a hard reset! I'm determined to fix this somehow! I'll be glad for any and all suggestions!

Yes, it seems that the sent message must load first, or the "1" will show as an unsent message.

You've probably figured this out by now and it frustrated me to death until I tried this simple thing and it worked ... kind of a "king has no clothes" answer.

When I am able to use wifi instead of data (which is most of the time) I turn off data. My daughter sends me pictures of her paintings, landscapes where she travels, etc and they hang with the "1" icon on the message icon since it is an MMS message.

I then turn on data, wait a few minutes, and the message is received and the "1" disappears.