Goodbye Galaxy S3. Hello Razr Maxx

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
After a year of issues with 2 s3's and 3 Sims, Verizon offered this phone. Hopefully no more dropped calls horrible reception.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jmunster

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have always thought of Motorola as having better radio technology so I would think you might get better call quality, but nowadays the radios are built into the SoC. The US version of the S3 uses the same SoC as the Maxx. Maybe the software and antennas will make a difference. Previously I had a Evo 4G LTE which is the same chip but had terrible results (different carrier network though)...

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard. did you suggest they give you a maxx or did they offer it on their own accord?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard. did you suggest they give you a maxx or did they offer it on their own accord?

They offered the standard RAZR. I held out for the Maxx HD. Aside from navigating a way to get the LED to work for notifications, the phone is a good replacement. The radio /antenna is hands down a huge improvement. Crystal clear, no drops, no frustration. I knew it wasn't location, my DROID Incredible I had for three years never had call issues

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
They offered the standard RAZR. I held out for the Maxx HD. Aside from navigating a way to get the LED to work for notifications, the phone is a good replacement. The radio /antenna is hands down a huge improvement. Crystal clear, no drops, no frustration. I knew it wasn't location, my DROID Incredible I had for three years never had call issues

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Sounds like you have a solid device in your hands now after dealing with that crock for a while. :beer: Enjoy!