SMS delivery reports not working after build 9.16.6

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
It seems like everything works ok after the update except sms delivery reports. I do get MMS delivery reports. I sent an email to Verizon support about this issue today. Looks like almost everyone has this problem. Does anyone have a latest status update from Verizon or does anyone have SMH delivery reports that work after the upgrade. Any fixes out there?

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
My delivery reports only work with other Verizon people on 4.1.1 anyhow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Don't bother anyone with a hard reset, it doesn't work. There is obviously a major problem the 4.1.2 upgrade. Verizon, please fix this!!!!!
Yup I tried too. And tried various sms apps, and resetting the options, etc.

I'm hoping someone is brave enough to try a factory restore :)

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I never used delivery reports so it doesn't bother me one bit. But, yes, it is broken on mine, too.

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! That saved me the tedious process of trying that :)

So it's up to Verizon then!

Response from the Moto forums;

" Yeah, it's inconsistent. When it works correctly it should work when texting other Verizon users. Right now there are some network conditions where it won't do that consistently. It's been root-caused and I expect it to be corrected in a future update. Sorry about that. "

So I'm saying its Moto that messed it up.

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
My delivery reports are working again. Might be coincidence, but they started working after I installed Verizon messenger. I've since uninstalled it and they still work, so I dunno what fixed it.

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My delivery reports are working again. Might be coincidence, but they started working after I installed Verizon messenger. I've since uninstalled it and they still work, so I dunno what fixed it.

I'm going to try that method and report back.

*** UPDATE *** It didn't work for me :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Krista Thomas

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
MINE IS WORKING AGAIN....I wasn't able to receive SMS/MMS since the update...I could power off and back on, msgs would come thru. Then within 2 min, wouldn't come thru again. Did a hard reset. NO LUCK... Called Tech support...said my authentication was off. She adjusted that and within 30 min, I was receiving messages just fine. Hoping that it's fixed!!! I'll report back if it isn't but so far so good. :D

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to try that method and report back.

*** UPDATE *** It didn't work for me :(

Bummer! Are you texting other Verizon people? I think I've read that delivery reports generally only work when texting other Verizon subscribers.

Mine are still working today, though I don't know what fixed it then. I haven't had any more updates, haven't rebooted, etc. The only thing I can think of text-related was installing/uninstalling that Verizon Messages app, but I guess that wasn't it then :(

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Bummer! Are you texting other Verizon people? I think I've read that delivery reports generally only work when texting other Verizon subscribers.

Mine are still working today, though I don't know what fixed it then. I haven't had any more updates, haven't rebooted, etc. The only thing I can think of text-related was installing/uninstalling that Verizon Messages app, but I guess that wasn't it then :(

I text my wife often and it still doesn't work. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

nedyah700

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
And omg Verizon reps are so dumb, I called them to see if they had knowledge of the issue / a fix. And instead of helping me solve the problem the "tech support" rep got into an argument with me about "how many updates" the phone has had. She refused to understand that we have had two jelly bean updates, 4.1.1 & 4.1.2. If you are going to argue with me at least be freaking correct.

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I'd still recommend people try installing Verizon messages and try texting from it. It's the only difference I can think of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt