SMS delivery reports not working after build 9.16.6

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Response from the Moto forums;

" Yeah, it's inconsistent. When it works correctly it should work when texting other Verizon users. Right now there are some network conditions where it won't do that consistently. It's been root-caused and I expect it to be corrected in a future update. Sorry about that. "

So I'm saying its Moto that messed it up.

It would be nice if someone would acknowledge they made a mistake so we would know who to go to for status updates on this problem. Knowing that your SMS got delivered (not just sent) should be considered a high priority fix I would hope

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I spoke too soon. Mine was working fine for those couple days, and now I see delivery reports aren't working again for me. Hmmm. Can't think of anything I changed that might have affected it.

Donna Perez

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
My emails longer come thru after refreshing. I'm not receiving a lot of text messages and I don't get any delivery reports. Ugh! Verizon, or Motorola, fix this!!

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice if someone would acknowledge they made a mistake so we would know who to go to for status updates on this problem. Knowing that your SMS got delivered (not just sent) should be considered a high priority fix I would hope

That's what I'm screaming!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

danstern

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
ya, no root and now i have to deal with this garbage. no delivery reports work, and in handcent it constantly shows that i have 6 unread messages...from feb 14. wtf is this? nothing in my notification for handcent work now. its such a pain. no more "blue light = new text". i hate you verizon. so so much.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I called vzw today and a nice tech support woman reset my privileges on my line(pretty sure that's what she said) and now everything is working just fine. To anyone having problems, just give then a call, I was on the phone no more than 10 minutes.

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I called vzw today and a nice tech support woman reset my privileges on my line(pretty sure that's what she said) and now everything is working just fine. To anyone having problems, just give then a call, I was on the phone no more than 10 minutes.

I called Verizon too and they re-sync'd my account on the network and that did not work. The tech said that it is a Motorola system update issue that may be fixed in a later update.

nedyah700

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Well .. now mine are partially working. As of this morning all of my messages, except for two, are getting delivery reports again. What the heck Verizon.

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
The latest from Verizon as of today.

I have reviewed your concerns, account, and our internal resources, and yes, you are absolutely correct. *This is a problem that has raised since the newest software update. *Our software engineers are aware of this issue and are working diligently with Motorola to get this issue resolved. *Currently, there is no specific estimated time of resolution, however, whenever we come into a problem that is causing our customers distress, we work diligently to correct it. *I appreciate you allowing us the time and opportunity to resolve your concerns.

nedyah700

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I found a solution. Okay so with the most recent update Verizon made the switch from sending text messages over their 1x network and moved them to their LTE (and possibly 3g) network, hence the reason they are sending so much faster. Today I was in a classroom that is underground and has terrible reception and noticed that I was getting delivery reports again but that my texts were sending slower, like they used to. I dug around in the phones programing menu and found a new option call "MO SMS over IMS" and it was enabled. Disabling it switches your texts back onto the old 1x network. So if you choose to make the switch, your delivery reports will come back but sending will go back to being a little slower. To get to this menu open up your dialer and type in ##7764726. Next hit send and when prompted with a password type in 000000 and hit verify. Scroll down to SMS/MMS settings and select it. Next scroll to the bottom, select "MO SMS over IMS", and disable it. Now your good delivery reports back!

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I found a solution. Okay so with the most recent update Verizon made the switch from sending text messages over their 1x network and moved them to their LTE (and possibly 3g) network, hence the reason they are sending so much faster. Today I was in a classroom that is underground and has terrible reception and noticed that I was getting delivery reports again but that my texts were sending slower, like they used to. I dug around in the phones programing menu and found a new option call "MO SMS over IMS" and it was enabled. Disabling it switches your texts back onto the old 1x network. So if you choose to make the switch, your delivery reports will come back but sending will go back to being a little slower. To get to this menu open up your dialer and type in ##7764726. Next hit send and when prompted with a password type in 000000 and hit verify. Scroll down to SMS/MMS settings and select it. Next scroll to the bottom, select "MO SMS over IMS", and disable it. Now your good delivery reports back!
Thank you. This worked for me :)

Square85

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I second this!

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Jackpot! Good find, you solved it. Congrats!