Jellybean issue(s)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed how much lower the battery life is now since this update (9.16.6)? I used to be able to go a whole day and finish up w/battery life around 75%. Now, I go a whole day and I'm near 60%. It's awful! And yesterday, I had this mysterious symbol pop up on my screen where the 4G signal bar would be. It was a red triangle with a white cross. Anyone have any clue as to what the heck that was??

Not only that, but my phone makes random weird sounds. The usual sounds for texting and alerts are now accompanied by a strange buzz sometimes....

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed how much lower the battery life is now since this update (9.16.6)? I used to be able to go a whole day and finish up w/battery life around 75%. Now, I go a whole day and I'm near 60%. It's awful! And yesterday, I had this mysterious symbol pop up on my screen where the 4G signal bar would be. It was a red triangle with a white cross. Anyone have any clue as to what the heck that was??

Not only that, but my phone makes random weird sounds. The usual sounds for texting and alerts are now accompanied by a strange buzz sometimes....

The fact that you call a whole day of use at 60% awful kind of makes me laugh but I can see why you think its awful.

Back on point...

Jelly Bean will drain your battery life slightly quicker because of multiple factors (Google Now usually being the big one). Check out your Google Now settings to make sure you don't have every single card running if you don't need them running. Your just wasting resources then. Also, download and app like GSam Battery to get a better idea of what is eating away at your battery.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The fact that you call a whole day of use at 60% awful kind of makes me laugh but I can see why you think its awful.

Back on point...

Jelly Bean will drain your battery life slightly quicker because of multiple factors (Google Now usually being the big one). Check out your Google Now settings to make sure you don't have every single card running if you don't need them running. Your just wasting resources then. Also, download and app like GSam Battery to get a better idea of what is eating away at your battery.

Where in the settings would I find Google Now?

And you wouldn't happen to know what that issue was that I mentioned w/the red triangle & white cross??

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Where in the settings would I find Google Now?

And you wouldn't happen to know what that issue was that I mentioned w/the red triangle & white cross??

Well a red triangle usually means something is wrong with the service. Would be able to screen shot it?

Settings for Google now you have to hit the menu button while you have Google now open.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Well a red triangle usually means something is wrong with the service. Would be able to screen shot it?

Settings for Google now you have to hit the menu button while you have Google now open.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Here's the screen shot image of the red triangle/white cross..
946643_10151578797327726_1398149867_n.jpg

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I am having some issues with my phone. I'm noticing that it's occasionally jerky and the home screens blank out and refresh every so often. Playback on any audio player is occasionally jerky and halting. Memory seems to be eaten up to a great extreme, much greater than on my old EVO 3D running ICS. I think I can trace the problem to the phone not releasing some apps from memory, but whenever I try to kill them via Watchdog, they respawn. Of course, this is going against how Android's RAM maintenance should work. Is there any good way to get apps to just quit?

Russell Kyle

May 8, 2013
Visit site
My problem is this, when I leave internet explorer then tabs I had open and websites I visited are no longe there. Whenever I go back into Internet explorer only a single tab is there and its goes to my homepage. I liked it before when I would open internet explorer and my last visited webpage was open.
I checked settings in all that I could think of without any luck.
Any ideas?

Also I had a post it app that now has COMPLETELY disappeared. I had notes on my 'wallpaper' that are gone. This saddens me :'(