Can't find the setting...

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I could have sworn that at I one point I remember seeing a setting where I could jabber my phone check my email only during certain hours, IE: M-F 8am-6pm would be push, but outside those hours it wouldn't check email at all.

I can't find that setting anywhere and I'm wondering if anyone what knows where it is or if I'm dreaming at it doesn't really exist. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I could have sworn that at I one point I remember seeing a setting where I could jabber my phone check my email only during certain hours, IE: M-F 8am-6pm would be push, but outside those hours it wouldn't check email at all.

I can't find that setting anywhere and I'm wondering if anyone what knows where it is or if I'm dreaming at it doesn't really exist. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I would check under your email settings itself for that acct or look to see if you have a Privacy setting under your setting menu for that link up.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I would check under your email settings itself for that acct or look to see if you have a Privacy setting under your setting menu for that link up.

Not in either of those places (at least that I can see). Has anyone else seen this before or am I dreaming?

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Not in either of those places (at least that I can see). Has anyone else seen this before or am I dreaming?

Are you sure it was not in Push settings where it was time based meaning every 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour etc.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it was not in Push settings where it was time based meaning every 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour etc.

I'm sure that's not what I'm thinking of. I may be remembering another phone though. I can distinctly remember being able to set up "business hours" where the phone would behave differently with regards to email polling/alerts.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure that's not what I'm thinking of. I may be remembering another phone though. I can distinctly remember being able to set up "business hours" where the phone would behave differently with regards to email polling/alerts.

Might very well be true... May I recommend something to you. Go to the Motorola website and go to the phone and look for your phone, you will find the full user guide in PDF that you can download to your computer that will tell you everything you can do with your Droid RAZR HD. :)

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I shut my communiction down at night with the Smart Action. The main reason is so I dont get woken by the notification and blinking light.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you are thinking of the Outlook. Com app. That has "quiet hours " when syncing is disabled. Its quite a nice feature

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I shut my communiction down at night with the Smart Action. The main reason is so I dont get woken by the notification and blinking light.

I use the app called bedside to disable alerts/lights/etc...at night. I just want to not get notified about work email after hours. I still want my personal email and data syncing, just don't want to be alerted to company email.

Dan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20