Need help with a Micro SD card. Got corrupted in my phone.

canalzone6

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
My sd card just spontaneously quit today... 2.5 yrs nold, used it on my droid x prior to my razr hd maxx. Can't read it on an alternate device/adapter and phone won't format or mount it. Should i just cut my losses and replace it or is it worth trying to ressuredt it?

It's the original card that came with the droid x...HC.

Any ideas about why these fail other than age? I mean, in this phone, it's a chore to get it out... i havent touched it or the simm card since i got the phone.

TIA!

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
My sd card just spontaneously quit today... 2.5 yrs nold, used it on my droid x prior to my razr hd maxx. Can't read it on an alternate device/adapter and phone won't format or mount it. Should i just cut my losses and replace it or is it worth trying to ressuredt it?

It's the original card that came with the droid x...HC.

Any ideas about why these fail other than age? I mean, in this phone, it's a chore to get it out... i havent touched it or the simm card since i got the phone.

TIA!

The exact reason for such is hard to say. If you want the data that was stored in the card before it went off, you can give it one try to get them back. But if you have decided that you have nothing much stored on the card, 6 to 7 people out of 10 will suggest to get a new one. But IT ALL is for you to decide and you along....:)

Posted via Android Central App

darylpogi

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
My sd card got damage twice the first i just reformat it because i don't need the file there but now i really need my pictures back. I hope you guys can help me

- - - Updated - - -

My sd card got damage twice the first i just reformat it because i don't need the file there but now i really need my pictures back. I hope you guys can help me

RiveraRich

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I had a problem with my SD Card in an underwater Camera. It would not load up on the camera or computer at the end of a vacation. It wasn't cracked but on of the contacts was worn down. I was devastated with all of my vacation pictures lost. When I got home I downloaded all of the software I could find to restore the pictures but the disk would not mount on the computer so the software did me no good. I found a guy in the Chicago area who said he could fix it so I took the disk to him and he couldn't do anything. I found a company in Germany recoverfab.com. I took the chance and mailed my disk to Germany hoping beyond hope that they could help. Sure enough a week and half later I had all of my pictures back. What a life saver and an awesome Christmas present. I will definitely use this company again if I have a problem like this.

Lion Montana

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I did the following,

Try restarting your handset with the sd. See if it is readable or not. If asked to format - BACK out of it.

Also try inserting the sd card on another mobile and see if the readable or not. If you have a sd card adaptor you can try that as well.

Have your tried these ?
What did you notice ?

It really depends on what really has happened to your sd card.

Hey bro I have a HTC Thunderbolt Verizon droid type and it won't read my sd card . It keeps saying " process.phone.com." something else and then it says " removed sd card " so it not reading it. I have ton of music and I don't want to lose it. I tried both of my sd cards and my phone won't read them. Sometimes maybe I think its my phone that's the problem. But it says its updated to the fullest..Idk I haven't tried my sd card on different phones yet. I Wana what I should do .

Hey wat program did you try

Last edited by a moderator:

Romeo Buan

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi there.. I'm having a problem with my android phone SD card. My SD card capacity is 16GB.. I downloaded a lot of videos on it., and the card went almost full so i tried to format it. And the next thing happened is when i try to download a video and play it, it still plays, but after watching the videos that I've downloaded it automatically disappears.. And when i tried to reboot my phone the SD card is already empty. I can still download video and save photos on it till now but it only takes less than an hour to view it and then it suddenly disappears from my SD card files,. What should i do with this? Is my SD card corrupted? How can i fixed it? Is there any way to fix it without connecting it to a computer? Please, someone help me..

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi there.. I'm having a problem with my android phone SD card. My SD card capacity is 16GB.. I downloaded a lot of videos on it., and the card went almost full so i tried to format it. And the next thing happened is when i try to download a video and play it, it still plays, but after watching the videos that I've downloaded it automatically disappears.. And when i tried to reboot my phone the SD card is already empty. I can still download video and save photos on it till now but it only takes less than an hour to view it and then it suddenly disappears from my SD card files,. What should i do with this? Is my SD card corrupted? How can i fixed it? Is there any way to fix it without connecting it to a computer? Please, someone help me..
Do you ever get notifications that the phone is reading the card, or loading it, or the card icon appearing at odd times?

dandman12

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I am coming to this thread a little late, but I just ran into an issue where my card was unreadable and found myself here seeking help. Although I was unable to locate a fix here I did find another site that offered a successful process. I followed the following instructions and it removed the damaged file that was on my SD Card and I was able to recover all that was remaining. Thanks to the OP for the tip :)

1. Place the 'damaged' mini sd card into the reader that came w/ the card, and mount it to pc card reader slot. I received a confirmation beep 'device detected' sound, then the message 'e:\ not accessible, the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable'. The letter of your card reader drive may vary depending on your computer
2. Open the start menu and type Run, this will open a command window where you will type CMD and click ok. This will open a DOS window.
3. In the new DOS window enter the following Chkdsk e: /r (replace 'e' with the drive letter associated with your SD Card, make sure you enter the spaces properly). Press enter and the PC will begin reading the contents of the damaged SD card (most of the android zip files located, as well there were a number of files w/ no content). After the read completed I received my SD Card 'Auto Play' pop up window and my remaining files were accessible again :)
4. Type exit in the DOS window and press enter to close.

I hope this helps someone as it did me. I recovered about 3gigs of work photos and my music files from a disk I thought was toast.

The Data Hospital

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
The Androids based phones containing SD card store great volume of images and video files. The physical crash of the SD card recovery needs proper recovery lab. The logical crash can be corrected and recovery of lost images and video files will be done by using memory card recovery tool. These are very best kind of tool. These recover the files almost successfully. At first unmount the SD card from the phones and plug it with MicroSD card reader to any PC and scan it properly with recovery tool. After that, point to restore location drive and start the process of restoration.

Jade Moon

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to thank you so much for your post. TestDisk - CGSecurity worked so well and helped me recover my corrupted files.
You are a huge lifesaver and I am so thankful!

TheGoat1

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. My wife's Samsung 32gb microsd in her Samsung Galaxy 5 had a ton of pictures on it. All of a sudden they disappeared. I tried multiple readers and everything came up as the card being blank and wanting me to format it. I checked on here and saw multiple references to Testdisk so I tried it. I was a little skeptical that it could be a scam but it worked perfect, got back all of the pictures, and was free! Im keeping it on my laptop now just in case.

frugalfreak

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Is there a version with GUI and not command line for windows for TestDisk? I use windows and not linux so I don't have to deal with that crap. There is ZERO instructions for those that are not geeks.