Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any future software upgrades possible?

Do you think this phone can take it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Default Re: Any future software upgrades possible?

Judging by previous releases, Motorola will releasee one more update for the Razr HD/Max HD. That wold be Android 4.2.

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

I hope they stop with where we are at now...I don't want the dumb clock on the lock screen! Haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Maybe they'll to make the next major update (Key Lime Pie?) before they update again. If they were doing one more, makes sense to make it a biggie. Whether the phone can take it is a different story.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Motorola Moto X on Verizon
    -Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD (Ret)
    -Motorola Droid 4 (Ret)
    -HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Ret)
    -Motorola Droid (Ret)

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

I don't see why not. The phone should handle 4.2.2 fine. Now if key lime pie comes out I'm not so sure the phones hardware will handle it but cant really say for sure till we know what it entails

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

with all this lag I hope major OS improvements could improve performance. otherwise I don't see keeping this phone 2 years, contract wise. I've had it since release. But I'm hoping for 1080p screens on the Fall '13 Motorola X or maybe a new RAZR by then? :sly:

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yea, the lag is really starting to annoy me. Clearing the cache every so often seems to help a little, but its still not great. I'd go get a GS4, but I would have a hard time leaving this battery life. I enjoy being at 80% and not 30% by the end of the day. I'm hoping that the MotoX is a valid replacement with a comprable battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    Yea, the lag is really starting to annoy me. Clearing the cache every so often seems to help a little, but its still not great. I'd go get a GS4, but I would have a hard time leaving this battery life. I enjoy being at 80% and not 30% by the end of the day. I'm hoping that the MotoX is a valid replacement with a comprable battery.
    yep I'm soiled with the battery too. I may pay full price and get an HTC One. IF and that's a big if, it comes out on VZW. yeah I clear cache through stock recovery every two weeks or so. and random reboots in between then which do help also. but man Chrome can get slow to useless levels. Goodness the lag is ridiculous at this point.

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    yep I'm soiled with the battery too. I may pay full price and get an HTC One. IF and that's a big if, it comes out on VZW. yeah I clear cache through stock recovery every two weeks or so. and random reboots in between then which do help also. but man Chrome can get slow to useless levels. Goodness the lag is ridiculous at this point.

You're going to go with it even with a 1/3 smaller battery? It seems like this phone is like a computer where it gets progressively more mucked up and there isn't anything you can do about it.

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This morning my phone took so long with a Google now request that the screen timed out. I know that might be a network issue but it just goes along with how slow the phone is becoming.

reboot
    :banghead::banghead:

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Are you telling me to try rebooting it or that you reboot it and it doesn't help?

Ok, I like to think I know enough about these phones, but I don't know how to clear the cache on my new Maxx HD. Could someone give me a quick guide? And should this be a routine task?

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bcrawford56 View Post
    Ok, I like to think I know enough about these phones, but I don't know how to clear the cache on my new Maxx HD. Could someone give me a quick guide? And should this be a routine task?

Welcome!

Do you know how to boot into recovery?

Here's a link in case you don't:

Then you go to the cache and clear it. I don't know how often it 'should' be done. I just do it every few weeks maybe for good measure. It seems to help speed things up at least a little.

Thanks Snareman, much appreciated! BTW, I absolutely love this phone and will be checking out this forum often.

What lag? If you think that a galaxy phone will help, you are sorely mistaken, because they are the second most overrated phones in existence. But explain where the lag is, cause a don't have any whatsoever, maybe you should use a phone that actually lags, like a mytouch, or a transform, or a moment, or a hero, then you would get an idea of the definition of lag, I had a transform and the day that it took 13 minutes to turn the screen on and dial 911 was the day that I switched. This phone does everything you tell it to do, and it does it in a timely fashion.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Patrick Schroedl; 06-04-2013 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Removed language.

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Wow that is totally uncalled for.... Some users have experienced lag on their device. Me having noticed it once or twice

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by joe_fresh View Post
    Wow that is totally uncalled for.... Some users have experienced lag on their device. Me having noticed it once or twice
    It sure was a beautiful rant though wasn't it? :-)

The phone does have lag. Not as much as those 2nd and 3rd tier devices that are no longer made (which I have tried). But for a $600 flagship phone I would expect it to be faster. It seems to be getting worse with time. It seems like my galaxy nexus had less.

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

More like obnoxious.....

As for the speed, this is my first droid so i can only compare it to an iPhone 4 and the two blackberries i had prior. Much better of a device.

Let's make sure we keep things civil and constructive here.

I have a friend with a RAZR MAXX HD, and recently he's been mentioning that it's been getting slower. A 4.2.x update would be ideal.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Just like a PC.. Back up and a fresh install of the OS will limit the lag. I guarantee those with lag on an ongoing basis have installed, uninstalled tons of apps leaving junk to clog up the system. It's just the way it is. Having come from an S3, I notice minimal lag. Having a second gig of ram would have made this phone for dead balls on.

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

It's interesting, I left the MAXX HD because of lag and was told it didn't exist. I'm glad to see it's finally being acknowledged.

As I understand it, the lag is NOT caused by Jelly Bean itself. There is actually a Motorola power saving script that kills performance to save battery and that is the source of lag.

Example: the HTC First. Even though it has that Facebook homescreen, it can be disabled and the device runs stock Android and virtually lag free; and it is not as powerful as the RAZR HD.

My point is that a smoother experience is possible on a less powerful device. TouchWiz creates a HUGE performance hit on Samsung phones, which is why they seem to lag a lot. The Motorola script causes the RAZR HD lag. It sucks, because I really enjoyed the MAXX HD (except amoled, which the Moto X phone will have the S4 screen, ugh).

How's the battery on the s4? I imagine that the 8 core processor just destroys battery life.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'd imagine/hope that as things progress the phones will be able to use the battery more efficiently and we will get the same battery life out of a smaller battery.

So I shouldn't get this phone?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast