Vibrate problems

mister164

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a razr maxx hd that I keep in vibrate only mode most of the time. I use the slider on the unlock screen. I am having some frustrating problems with vibrate and I?m not sure how to explain them. This occurs for both texts and phone calls. 99% of the time it won?t vibrate when sitting on the table. It will usually vibrate when in my pocket. In my pocket it will vibrate for unknown callers, but often won?t vibrate for stored contacts. If I am having a conversation with my wife it might vibrate the first time, but skip the next two then vibrate on the next. I took it to the Verizon store to ask about it. She called me with her phone and of course it vibrated while sitting on the counter. The worst part is the phone calls. If it?s sitting on the desk I can?t tell there is an incoming phone call because it doesn?t vibrate. All the settings I?ve found are set to vibrate. Is this a bug or is there something I don?t have set right?

graybeardnc

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
....I use the slider on the unlock screen.

On my stock RMHD, the slider on the lock screen changes the phone between normal (sound on) and silent (not vibrate). (The Screen Lock setting is set for "Slide.")

I use the Silent Mode On-Off widget that selects between the 3 modes (silent/vibrate/sound). I started using this with my previous phone running Froyo/GB, because there was no built-in quick way to change to vibrate.

mister164

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
That reminded me of another thing I haven't figured out. sometimes the slider shows a vibrate symbol and other times it must be the silent symbol. Why?
If it's set to silent shouldn't it still vibrate or is that considered to be sound?

graybeardnc

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
When mine is set to silent, it doesn't vibrate. I use this mode for church, concerts, etc., when even a vibration would be annoying.
The only way I can get the slider to show a vibrate symbol is to use the widget I mentioned to change to vibrate mode, then lock the phone.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
That reminded me of another thing I haven't figured out. sometimes the slider shows a vibrate symbol and other times it must be the silent symbol. Why?
If it's set to silent shouldn't it still vibrate or is that considered to be sound?

No, if it is set to silent it will not vibrate. The toggle on the lock screen will toggle between normal mode and whichever mode your phone was previously in. If the toggle is set to normal/silent do this...unlock your phone, long press the power button, and when the popup appears put the phone in vibrate mode. Now it will toggle between normal/vibrate. Does that make sense?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan