Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,999 Global Posts

Default Software Update - Now Just Reboots - Unlocked Bootloader

Looking for a little help. Purchased a phone and it had unlocked bootloader. With the new software update from VZW the phone reboots and then power cycles to a Team Win Recovery Project screen. If I reboot again phone will boot up and then power cycle and go back to the Team Win Recovery Project screen. Looking for solution on how to stop the madness, either by forcing the update to process or killing the update process entirely. Thanks.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Re: Software Update - Now Just Reboots - Unlocked Bootloader

Can you get into recovery...the stock boot loader is a little different, you use the volume down to move and the volume up to select. You could also try a factory reset.

HTH

JohnT
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,999 Global Posts

Default Re: Software Update - Now Just Reboots - Unlocked Bootloader

After trial and error I was able to see a file (blur_motorola_xt926.9.16.1.zip or something along that file name) sitting in the cache directory. Also found a screen that showed during boot it was trying to load this file and failing. I'm not bootloader or rootuser expert, but took that as it was being blocked from loading as protection for rooting or bootloader. I renamed the file (changing the .zip to .zix) figuring if it didn't see the .zip it wouldn't try to load it and sure enough it booted up cleanly. It's not updated to latest software from VZW but it's operating and really I haven't see any real problems with the 9.16 version I had. Appreciate you providing a response.