Software Update - Now Just Reboots - Unlocked Bootloader
Looking for a little help. Purchased a phone and it had unlocked bootloader. With the new software update from VZW the phone reboots and then power cycles to a Team Win Recovery Project screen. If I reboot again phone will boot up and then power cycle and go back to the Team Win Recovery Project screen. Looking for solution on how to stop the madness, either by forcing the update to process or killing the update process entirely. Thanks.
- 07-19-2013, 12:58 AM #2
Re: Software Update - Now Just Reboots - Unlocked Bootloader
After trial and error I was able to see a file (blur_motorola_xt9188.8.131.52.zip or something along that file name) sitting in the cache directory. Also found a screen that showed during boot it was trying to load this file and failing. I'm not bootloader or rootuser expert, but took that as it was being blocked from loading as protection for rooting or bootloader. I renamed the file (changing the .zip to .zix) figuring if it didn't see the .zip it wouldn't try to load it and sure enough it booted up cleanly. It's not updated to latest software from VZW but it's operating and really I haven't see any real problems with the 9.16 version I had. Appreciate you providing a response.
- By the1m.polo in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 14Last Post: 12-23-2013, 10:43 AM
- By vrodaddict in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 12-20-2013, 05:25 PM
- By tcm1969 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 08-16-2013, 09:38 AM
- By adventure95004 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 6Last Post: 07-18-2013, 10:21 PM
- By shoii in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 07-18-2013, 07:12 PM