Can't transfer files/music from PC to Droid Razr Maxx HD? Help

Voodooi

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm used to plug and play, meaning that I plug the USB and I have instant access to my phone's internal memory or worst case, I have to manually drag down the menu and select USB-PC connection - with this phone, it is not the case.

I consider myself a tech savvy person and have even followed Transfer Music Files - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA as well as other 'obvious' methods, but it still isn't working.

Any ideas?

Btw guys - this is one of the best phones I have ever had and part of me is glad that my S3 was stolen ...junk piece of plastic that lags. The Nexus 4 and this phone are the only two phones I have greatly enjoyed and have had a lag free experience. I will never buy another Samsung phone ..only Motorola/Nexus.

EDIT: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/790640
Is this for real? I have to BUY a special Motorola cable in order to transfer files? That seems ridiculous. Is this my only option?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you be a little more specific about how what you've tried hasn't worked? It should work if you connect via USB with MTP protocol, then use Windows Explorer to drag and drop your music files to the Music directory of your Razr. Are you having problems actually copying the files, or having the phone recognize the files once they're there, or having the phone's music player play the files?

You don't need a special cable, although keep in mind that some cheapo 3rd party cables can be faulty, and only allow charging without data transfer, or vice-versa. If you don't want to bother with a cable, try a wireless file transfer app like AirDroid. Also consider putting your music on a microSD card, which is easy to move back and forth between your phone and your computer (just remember to Unmount the card before you remove it from your phone).

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm used to plug and play, meaning that I plug the USB and I have instant access to my phone's internal memory or worst case, I have to manually drag down the menu and select USB-PC connection - with this phone, it is not the case.

I consider myself a tech savvy person and have even followed Transfer Music Files - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA as well as other 'obvious' methods, but it still isn't working.

Any ideas?

Btw guys - this is one of the best phones I have ever had and part of me is glad that my S3 was stolen ...junk piece of plastic that lags. The Nexus 4 and this phone are the only two phones I have greatly enjoyed and have had a lag free experience. I will never buy another Samsung phone ..only Motorola/Nexus.

EDIT: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/790640
Is this for real? I have to BUY a special Motorola cable in order to transfer files? That seems ridiculous. Is this my only option?

You don't need a special cable. Make sure you have the XT926 drivers loaded on your PC. When you first plug the phone in to the USB it should install the drivers. If not you might have to install them manually.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira