What An Awesome Phone!

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
After doing a bunch of reading and following the topics in the forums the wife and I took the plunge and picked up our new Maxx HD phones at our local Verizon store yesterday. We did the 9.18.79 update while in the store and everything ran perfectly thereafter. No lag, no stutter and no crashes. WOW What an awesome phone! I'm upgrading from (can you believe it) a first gen HTC Incredible, the wife from an Incredible 2. The only issue I've noticed is that quite a few of the old apps wouldn't work on the Jellybean. It's all good though, non of them I couldn't live without. Bubble levels, a compass and such are nice but not critical. The on board calender app is really lackluster but that is what Google Play is for, right? Just wanted to post a positive here. We're both super happy with our Maxx HD despite it's minor flaws and quirks.

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
What's not to like about the battery life. Simply is amazing. I'm just wondering a little about the non replaceable battery aspect.

Last edited:

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I've noticed is that quite a few of the old apps wouldn't work on the Jellybean. It's all good though, non of them I couldn't live without. Bubble levels, a compass and such are nice but not critical. The on board calender app is really lackluster but that is what Google Play is for, right? Just wanted to post a positive here. We're both super happy with our Maxx HD despite it's minor flaws and quirks.

I'm using Bubble Levels by Antoine Vianey from the Play Store and it works perfectly on JB. Also Compass from catch.com. You might just need to upgrade the apps.

I upgraded to this phone from the original HTC Incredible also, last November. Big difference.... :)

graybeardnc

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The on board calender app is really lackluster ...

Truer words were never spoken (written?).
I looked at several and ended up with aCalendar. They have a free and a paid version, and I'm still on the free version (2 months +), because there are no ads, just slightly reduced functionality. Will likely go to paid version sooner or later, since it's reasonably priced.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
What's not to like about the battery life. Simply is amazing. I'm just wondering a little about the non replaceable battery aspect.

I'm not so concerned about that because the battery is so large. That means you should have about 1/3 fewer charge cycles than for a typical Android phone, so it will last 50 % longer before the capacity degrades. Also, once it does begin to degrade, it is from a much higher base so even with a 10% loss you still have a big battery capacity. Finally, if somehow you do run it into the ground, it is rather easy to access and replace the battery compared to something like the HTC One which will be virtually impossible to replace. This is more like an iPhone in that respect.

Posted via Android Central App

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Another calendar option is Google (stock) Calendar from the Play Store. It's essentially the same as the Maxx HD calendar, but WAY BETTER! I was very impressed. And it's free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar