Note: Default camera setting is 6 mp!
For those complaining about the poor quality of the stock Maxx HD camera app ... here's an interesting little setting buried in the Camera App's settings.
The default setting is 6 mp, despite the camera having 8 mp capabillities. You can change it to 8 mp -
Camera > settings (the gear) > Widescreen > 8 mp
The 6 mp setting is to match the screen size and also enable easy emailing, texting and social network posting. Note that if you have the 8 mp setting on, you will get a message that the photo has to be reduced in size to fit in the email, text and upload parameters. Don't forget Dropbox app for transferring full-size files. The quality is a quantum improvement at 8 mp, possibly eliminating the need for a 3rd party camera app.Always learning ...
- 08-27-2013, 06:45 PM #2
- 08-30-2013, 06:08 AM #3
Re: Note: Default camera setting is 6 mp!
Yes this is a good find. But the only thing i could notice between the two picture settings was the size of the pic. I tried two in low light and two in normal daylight, both looked to be the same quality.
Blackberry Curve 8330- Blackberry Storm 2 9550- iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4- Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD (me) Motorola RAZR HD (wife)
Re: Note: Default camera setting is 6 mp!Always learning ...
- By savmandy in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 7Last Post: 09-19-2013, 08:44 AM
- By Gekko in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-28-2013, 03:00 AM
- By indecks in forum AT&T Galaxy NoteReplies: 2Last Post: 08-27-2013, 07:53 PM
- By xpeacemaker in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 08-27-2013, 05:06 PM
- By xpeacemaker in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 08-27-2013, 03:22 PM