SIM Card

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Is there any value in periodically removing and reinserting the card?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why you'd do that. If at all, I'd advise against it as it strains the mechanical parts of the SIM compartment and circuitry. Alas, if you read this somewhere as helping with something, it might have a point (I'd say software-related rather than hardware); it reminds me of the old days when you blew on a Nintendo cartridge to make it work again... other than dusting it off it didn't make sense, but it worked...

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is there any value in periodically removing and reinserting the card?

Nothing on the web supports the action as beneficial. To be honest, it might only be worse for it as it glides on the receptors over and over again.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Nothing on the web supports the action as beneficial. To be honest, it might only be worse for it as it glides on the receptors over and over again.

Exactly. If anything just do a reset by holding power and volume down until the phone resets.

Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD via Android Central App

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the replies. I was just curious. Thanks to all.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Another negative would be touching the metal contacts. Skin oils will mess up the ability to make a good connection. I definitely would recommend against handling the SIM and any micro SD card for the same reasons.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I've not touched either. Originally wondered if taking it out and putting it back in would improve cell tower reception, like the old *228 call.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Old thread but removing the SIM does allow the phone to update tower information (per Verizon tech).

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21