Razr maxx HD screen loss

scott glynn

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
3 weeks ago I dropped my razr maxx hd and cracked the screen. Yesterday it started to slowly bleed colors from right to left until now I cannot see anything. Did I violate the LCD and if so is it repairable

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, you're in the right place! Yes, and maybe. If you can find the LCD/digitizer assembly, you can repair it assuming you're handy with small electronics and small ribbon cables.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
3 weeks ago I dropped my razr maxx hd and cracked the screen. Yesterday it started to slowly bleed colors from right to left until now I cannot see anything. Did I violate the LCD and if so is it repairable

AMOLED screens have this nasty habit of when stressed, going black with it starting at the initial point of stress.
Insurance claim, send back to Motorola (hope you have a spare phone; they take forever).

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
AMOLED screens have this nasty habit of when stressed, going black with it starting at the initial point of stress.
Insurance claim, send back to Motorola (hope you have a spare phone; they take forever).

Yes they do! I live in Illinois which is the same state Motorola repaired my tablet and also where their Headquarters is. Took at least a week to get my tablet back but I could live with that since it was not my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance