My phone seems to wait until I get home to my WiFi before updating notifications

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what's going on with my phone... but it seems to ignore my 4G when I'm out and about. Today... once I came home to my WiFi... as soon as I pulled into thus garage... I got notifications from my email, Facebook and Groupon all within a couple of seconds.

When at a place with WiFi... such as Starbucks... I can't seem to access the internet until I turn OFF WiFi.

Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks,
SP

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
So when you are in a place WITH WiFi that isn't your home, your 4G connection is functional?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Swipe right on the home screen to access quick settings and make sure Mobile Data is on. uploadfromtaptalk1380077467766.jpg

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
When at some other place.... like Starbucks... my 4g appears to only be functional IF I disable WiFi. My Mobile Data IS on.

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I assume you're not connected to the WiFi at these other places prior to turning WiFi off.

In your original post, you made it sound as if your mobile data wasn't working anywhere (even at a place without WiFi). Is that correct?

Sounds to me like a faulty device but need a little bit of additional clarification.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
The device works great... BUT, it seems if I go into a place that has Wifi and I go into that place with my Wifi ON... the device struggles to access the internet via 4G. It just spins and spins until I turn wifi OFF. After wifi is turned OFF... 4g works fine. I find it interesting though that once I turn wifi back on... and then I return Home... my notifications ALL start talking to me as soon as I pull into my garage and automatically connect to my home wifi. It's like a bottleneck of notifications... that are saved up until I come home.

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't really make sense...I'd take that phone back and get a replacement.

On your way home, no WiFi is available so you should be receiving notifications normally.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
On your way home, no WiFi is available so you should be receiving notifications normally.

I know. Sometimes I actually DO receive notifications while roaming... but almost without exception, when I pull into my garage... the various notifications start going off. It's almost like it tries to work... but is addicted to my Wifi. Weird!

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield