DROID RAZR MAXX HD will be upgraded to KitKat (Android 4.4)

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
GREAT NEWS!!!!!
I double checked Moto's update website and it's TRUE!! They don't say when, but just knowing we're in line for the upgrade is a major PLUS!

I love this phone! It's absolutely amazing in quality and performance. KitKat will make it "brand new!"

JFH8

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This is great news. I'm already happy with my RAZR Maxx HD, but 4.4 should make it even sweeter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx HD using AC Forums mobile app

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
This is a good surprise... I thought this device was at its end for updates. Same with my wife's HD

Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD via Android Central App

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a gut feeling the VZW just might see the financial benefits from the part of the mobile market, that enjoys prompt updates. It's an easy way to keep, and acquire more market share

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
We could always look at it as they have been able to keep it quiet with the hype of other phones getting upgrades. I have been checking to see if its out. Kind of excited myself.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
We could always look at it as they have been able to keep it quiet with the hype of other phones getting upgrades. I have been checking to see if its out. Kind of excited myself.

Their official upgrade site was updated the same day as the Verizon Moto X KitKat rollout.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
A link to Tom's Hardware verifies: 12 Motorola Smartphones Will Taste Android KitKat

No new information on release date of course (from either Moto or VZW.) I have the non-MAXX version but I was excited. KitKat should be enough newness to keep me happy until I upgrade to a new device a year from now.

Based on past updates, I don't expect the information to change until the update is ready.