Background data restriction to !
For some reason, background data is being restricted on my phone after it goes to sleep. When I wake it, I see the triangle disappear in the notification bar. What is causing this? I do not have "restrict background data" checked in settings, nor do I have any smartaction rules restricting data, except at night. I've disabled them just to make sure and it doesn't have any effect. This is happening all day long. Is there another app that could be causing this?
I've read other posts about this problem, but the solutions don't solve the problem.
Note: title of thread should say "What is causing background data restriction to occur"? Couldn't figure out how to edit the title.
- 12-30-2013, 09:58 PM #2
Re: Background data restriction to !
You're talking primarily about mobile data, right? In case you're referring to Wi-Fi, and are not using Mobile Data (e.g., while at home), check under Settings>Wi-Fi, tap menu, then Advanced. Is "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" set to Always? If it isn't, then Wi-Fi is presumably turning off when the phone goes to sleep, then turning back on when you wake it.
- By bghanson in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 01-17-2014, 11:35 AM
- By power5 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 42Last Post: 01-06-2014, 08:53 AM
- By Ranger_Vet68 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 12-31-2013, 12:24 PM
- By crutnacker in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 12-31-2013, 09:59 AM
- By brycemarley in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 5Last Post: 12-30-2013, 11:24 PM