Hi all,

I'm having an issue that creeped up in the last week. it is not critical by any means, just an annoyance that I am trying to resolve.

Normally, when the alarm clock is set and activated, a clock icon appears in the notification bar until the alarm is turned off. I find this a nice and easy reminder that my alarm is set at a glance. Recently, however, the icon appears when I set the alarm, and then disappears within minutes (often after I lock and then unlock the screen). I can sometimes see the icon flicker on and off on the bar as if something is trying to hide it.

The actual functionality of the alarm is not affected, and I can see the alarm set information on the lock screen without issues. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what may have caused this - but I haven't installed any new apps recently. I do use GSAM battery monitor, which did recently download and install an update. It has a notification icon in the bar as well, although nowhere nearby.I also use NovaMax launcher. I've looked in the alarm settings and all looks normal. I also haven't changed any settings in the time since this started.

Anyone else having this issue? Like I said, it's not phone breaking, just an annoyance thats irking me.

Thanks!
    01-20-2014 09:54 AM
    I too am having this issue. Its not affecting my actual alarms but it does disappear after a few minutes of setting an alarm. I've caught it flickering a few times too...I'm starting to think this is a kitkat feature? I've also noticed the location icon for GPS also turns on then disappears. My last pure android phone was the GNexus and I don't remember it doing that at all!

Posted via Android Central App
    01-22-2014 03:52 AM
    I have exactly the same problem. It flickers all the time, because I always have an alarm set. Mine is a Nexus 4
    01-23-2014 01:37 PM
    I'm having exactly the same experience with the alarm clock as everyone else here. This happens to me on an unrooted Galaxy Note 3 running Touchwiz and Android 4.3 (haven't updated yet). I tried different launchers to see if that had anything to do with that (Nova, ADW, Apex, etc), and it still happens. Would love to see why this is happening.
    01-24-2014 09:00 AM
    Someone narrowed it down to Pandora: http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...ll-sudden.html
    mr_wendal likes this.
    03-26-2014 09:58 PM