DROID RAZR MAXX HD: 4.4.2 KitKat Update

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Per David Schuster of Motorola

https://plus.google.com/102838570385793445288/posts/8a12jqd9Jna

A number of people have been asking me about that status of the KitKat upgrade for the 2012 DROID family (HD and M). I am happy to report that we have made great progress and it should only be a few more weeks until you guys can enjoy it. So stay tuned.....

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: RAZR MAXX HD KitKat Update

The update has been submitted to Verizon by Motorola. Hopefully they get it out to us promptly.

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

How do you become part of the soak tests? I guess regardless, it looks like KK will roll out in the next week or so to the rest of us.

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the link. I did setup to be a participant however, I think I'll get overlooked since it's so close to the release. Has anyone received the soak test request. I've been on several forums and haven seen or read where anyone got selected yet for the Razr Maxx HD.

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the link. I did setup to be a participant however, I think I'll get overlooked since it's so close to the release. Has anyone received the soak test request. I've been on several forums and haven seen or read where anyone got selected yet for the Razr Maxx HD.

Yes, I have been selected in the past.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: KIT KAT!!!

Per David Schuster of Motorola.

https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/ZTjE9pzxkYJ

Hey DROID RAZR HD users... I have good news. We have started to roll out the latest version of Android KitKat 4.4.2. It will take most of this week to get it out to all of you, so you will have to be a little patient. Here are the release notes, enjoy.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/99450

• Android™ 4.4.2, KitKat?: Android 4.4.2, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. KitKat includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
  • Printing documents and pictures: Added support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
  • Hangouts - SMS/MMS support: Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings > Wireless > Default SMS app.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: KIT KAT!!!

Quick reminder. This is a rollout. Historically with Motorola, there are stages of push which ends when the update can be pulled. Your location is irrelevant so there is no need to post, "got the update here in San Diego, CA" and "still waiting for the update in Pensacola, FL".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz