After Receiving Kit-Kat Will You Do Factory Reset?

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Great question! I have looked into this a cpl times and always seem to find different opinions and answers. I downloaded and installed KK last night and things are running great at the moment. If things continue to run like this with no funky issues or excessive battery drain then I am just gonna leave well enough alone. If however things start acting up I will do the FDR.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Great question! I have looked into this a cpl times and always seem to find different opinions and answers. I downloaded and installed KK last night and things are running great at the moment. If things continue to run like this with no funky issues or excessive battery drain then I am just gonna leave well enough alone. If however things start acting up I will do the FDR.

I'm leaning to this strategy as well. I didn't do a factory reset with my old phone when upgrading and I didn't do it with my RMHD with Jelly Bean because I never had any problems. My phone is not slow or laggy. But the thought of starting fresh is kind of alluring.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My phone has been misbehaving and laggy for a while so I've been waiting for the update to do a full reset anyway. I can't see another update coming soon so I think the time is well invested.

Posted via Android Central App

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My phone has been misbehaving and laggy for a while so I've been waiting for the update to do a full reset anyway. I can't see another update coming soon so I think the time is well invested.

^^This, for me and my RAZR M. I've backed up everything. Just waiting for the KitKat.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
^^This, for me and my RAZR M. I've backed up everything. Just waiting for the KitKat.

So far so good. Hard to know if its the reset or the upgrade or the slimming down of downloaded apps, but it is definitely smoother now. Notably the downloading from the play store and app loading is much swifter

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. Hard to know if its the reset or the upgrade or the slimming down of downloaded apps, but it is definitely smoother now. Notably the downloading from the play store and app loading is much swifter

Glad to hear it! Who cares, which fixed it, right?
For me, simple selections laaaaagggggg. I wait for presses to react, sometimes pressing again, because I am not sure if the phone felt me press it, then when it returns to consciousness, I get 2 selections. GRRR!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech