Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After Receiving Kit-Kat Will You Do Factory Reset?

After receiving Kit-Kat on your Razr HD or Razr Maxx HD, will you do a factory reset?

Why or why not?

Default Re: After Receiving Kit-Kat Will You Do Factory Reset?

Great question! I have looked into this a cpl times and always seem to find different opinions and answers. I downloaded and installed KK last night and things are running great at the moment. If things continue to run like this with no funky issues or excessive battery drain then I am just gonna leave well enough alone. If however things start acting up I will do the FDR.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by msdsman View Post
    Great question! I have looked into this a cpl times and always seem to find different opinions and answers. I downloaded and installed KK last night and things are running great at the moment. If things continue to run like this with no funky issues or excessive battery drain then I am just gonna leave well enough alone. If however things start acting up I will do the FDR.
    I'm leaning to this strategy as well. I didn't do a factory reset with my old phone when upgrading and I didn't do it with my RMHD with Jelly Bean because I never had any problems. My phone is not slow or laggy. But the thought of starting fresh is kind of alluring.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

My phone has been misbehaving and laggy for a while so I've been waiting for the update to do a full reset anyway. I can't see another update coming soon so I think the time is well invested.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by oscarnyc View Post
    My phone has been misbehaving and laggy for a while so I've been waiting for the update to do a full reset anyway. I can't see another update coming soon so I think the time is well invested.

^^This, for me and my RAZR M. I've backed up everything. Just waiting for the KitKat.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
    ^^This, for me and my RAZR M. I've backed up everything. Just waiting for the KitKat.
    So far so good. Hard to know if its the reset or the upgrade or the slimming down of downloaded apps, but it is definitely smoother now. Notably the downloading from the play store and app loading is much swifter

I did a hard reset, after the update installed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oscarnyc View Post
    So far so good. Hard to know if its the reset or the upgrade or the slimming down of downloaded apps, but it is definitely smoother now. Notably the downloading from the play store and app loading is much swifter

Glad to hear it! Who cares, which fixed it, right?
    For me, simple selections laaaaagggggg. I wait for presses to react, sometimes pressing again, because I am not sure if the phone felt me press it, then when it returns to consciousness, I get 2 selections. GRRR!