Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notifications Bar

Droid Razr Maxx HD just received the new KitKat update. So far everything seems to be working smooth. For what ever reason, it doesn't like my works old WiFi router, but that was an issue before hand anyways.

I've had to reconnect blue tooth devices, which weren't a problem but something worth mentioning. As far as I can tell, the phone is working flawless. I do however have a personal issue with the notification bar. The 4g and battery don't have color anymore. Has anyone else seen this. My battery was green as expected now its white, and the 4g bars are white too. Is there a way to change that? It really bugs me they aren't blue and green anymore.

Also, the stock texting app works great too, but lacks "flare" No bubbles, no real color. Is there another choice app for texting I might consider? The keyboard is working flawless however, actually better than before. So maybe I need time to get use to the change and I'm being to critical of the visual aspect of it.

Thanks!
    Steven

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Default Re: Notifications Bar

You can use hangouts for your SMS now. It works well.
    Agree with you on the color changes on the notification bar. It was a good visual clue as to whether or not I had a working connection.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I can live with it if thats what it is.. but just making sure thats what it should be.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

The white icons in the notification bar is a 4.4.2 thing.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD using Tapatalk.

ROM
    TB: Das BAMF 1.8

I thought the tx/rx arrows on the WiFi and LTE icons were supposed to go away as well. I know that they are not present on my Nexus 10.

I have the Droid RAZR HD, but I had same issue after the 4.4.2 update. I found out this is to be expected with the update, that either Motorola or Verizon didn't include the blue icons with this update.

The only major problem I encountered was the various Google services no longer working. I discovered the solution was to remove my Google account from my phone. Reboot the phone. Then add the Google account to the phone again. It took quite a long time for everything to start "working" again. (About a total of 3 hours in all.)

My only issue now: Missing the ringer/vibrate toggle from the lock screen. Oh well.