- 63 Posts
Stupid question re ART...
I have a stupid question... After reading some posts re the 4.4.2 upgrade, I had to find out what was ART... which I did... My big question is... Do we assume that this upgrade was done using ART... I do remember watching my phone screen during the upgrade saying that it was optimizing my apps on my phone which seems in line with the ART conversation process... I went looking for the developer options in settings and is not there... Just being curious...
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app
- 05-21-2014, 10:03 PM #2
Re: Stupid question re ART...
System updates always include a step where all apps are optimized for the new system. Are you saying you don't have Developer Options at all? If not, then you haven't activated them yet. Go to Settings>About Phone, and tap the Build Number 7 times. It will tell you that you are now a Developer. Go back to the main Settings menu, then select Developer Options, and turn the switch on at the top of the screen. Then tap "Select Runtime" and pick "Use ART." It will reboot your phone, and then you'll see it optimizing your apps again. Keep in mind that some apps might not work on ART.
- By Lefacavus in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2015, 06:57 AM
- By RobGG in forum HTC One M8Replies: 8Last Post: 05-25-2014, 10:10 PM
- By parkerd97 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 3Last Post: 05-23-2014, 12:27 PM
- By JenTDOT in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 05-21-2014, 09:45 AM
- By pawprints86 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 05-21-2014, 12:53 AM