Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After KitKat Notification LED White Only

4.4.2 update installed smoothly but it seems a shame to only have a white notification LED when it is capable of so much more. Has anyone had experience with changing this after update? There doesn't appear to be any way to get the color back in the KK settings so I guess this can only be achieved with an app. Notification Light Widget or Light Flow. Suggestions? Thanks!

Default Re: After KitKat Notification LED White Only

I use Light Flow. It works well for me. Almost too many options. I have different functions that use blue, white, green, purple red and yellow colors. Just remember to turn off the notifications in each app or you will get double notifications.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you notbitter2. I will give Light Flow a try.

Update; Light Flow unleashed the full potential of my LED notifications. Thanks!

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Is it just me, or does Light Flow only seem to work for a little while and then it just looks like it's not functioning properly? Today I was getting white LED for texts when I should be getting green. I did a quick reset and it was working properly again. I also cleared out the cache for my messaging programs too to see if that was the issue. It does work most of the time but I also haven't seen an update to Light Flow since we got KK. I am wondering if something is in the works.

Light Flow has never worked on this device for me. Both on JB and KK. I was all psyched for it to run on the new KK OS but no dice. Spent a nice chunk of time messing with it and getting it all set up and run the test samples for each action but then it just seems to get all goofed and doesnt want to corporate at all. So Im done with Light Flow for right now.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It's strange that some have issues while others don't. I've had the Light Flow on my Maxx HD for 24hrs now with (knock on wood) no issues. I still would like to hear from anyone else running a similar such app successfully with the KK and MMHD should mine decide not to play nice.

when I installed LightFlow on my KitKatted Samsung Note 3 it either didn't work or it showed a single LED light either blue or white. Now it works perfectly and consistently. But Steven the programmer was very patient and walked me through the proper setup via email. Here's the 411:

• Uninstall all other LED control Apps including LightFlow.
    • Under Settings / Device / LED Indicator - Make sure only the notifications are checked.
    • Download Light Manager - LED Settings from Google Play and perform a basic LED test of all of the colors your device is capable of as a reality check. If it can work with this App then it will work with LightFlow. When finished verifying your LED can be controlled then uninstall the App.

Re-install Lightflow
    • Under Settings / Device / LED Indicator - Make sure only the notifications are checked.
    • Under Settings / General / Security / Notification Access - Make sure only LightFlow is checked.
    • Now Run Lightflow.

• Under Settings enable LightFlow
    • Under Notifications Start selecting each Application and Enable it. Choose the light Tab and choose a color. Choose the sound Tab and choose a notification sound. Now click on Test, turn the screen off and verify it works. Exit LightFlow.
    • Now be sure all sounds, lights and notifications are turned off in each app to the best of your ability to avoid duplicate notifications.

You should be good to go!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    868 Global Posts

I've been using Light Flow as well since I bought the phone well over a year ago.

It's been working flawlessly for me with KitKat, but only after I enabled Run in Foreground in Settings. It's a little annoying always having a Notification present, but I'm used to it now, and it gives me a quick way to clear LED notifications.