Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Since update, phone turns itself off saying low battery with 50% still remaining.

When I turn the phone back on it show 50% battery remaining then powers down right after. When I plug in the charger it shows half a charge still. It has been doing this every time it gets to half power. I really hate this kit kat update. I've had numerous problems but this one is the most aggravating. Help please!

Default Re: Since update, phone turns itself off saying low battery with 50% still remaining.

A system cache partition wipe can sometimes make things run more smoothly after a system update. You won't lose any personal data. Try these steps, but let us know if any of the steps don't work--I have heard that after KitKat, some of the button presses to reach the Recovery Menu may have changed. https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8579
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Since update, phone turns itself off saying low battery with 50% still remaining.

I did try system wipe but still no go. It powers down at exactly 50% battery.