Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By djdougd
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I'm about to go iPhone

I'm so tired of these OS upgrades screwing up my phones. Every upgrade causes me issues. My battery is dying faster, when I check battery status, it's showing my screen as the highest user. I've done everything I can think of to reduce it with no luck. Another issue that has pushed me beyond patience is that I can no longer stream music to my car smoothly using Bluetooth. It skips really bad and I'm sure it's because the RAM is struggling to keep up. There are too many running services for it to run smooth. All I can see is freakin Motorola & Google services taking up space. I've already done a factory reset, disabled everything I can and turned off Google+. I don't know what else to do beside root but not confident in doing that. Just really pissed at Android, Google & Motorola right now. My phone was fine before KitKat, just leave me & my phone alone or at least give me the option to decline upgrades. This just sucks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"

Default Re: I'm about to go iPhone

That sounds frustrating! Did you do a system cache partition wipe after the update? That can sometimes help resolve the various issues that can crop up after a system update. https://forums.motorola.com/posts/f75a168264

Bear in mind that iOS is not immune to issues after system updates, either. There were quite a number of reports about things like poor battery life and security flaws after iOS7 was introduced.
    djdougd likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I haven't tried the system cache wipe yet. You'd think a factory reset would wipe that clean but I guess not. Started to try it after the FR but seemed like the sequence changed and haven't attempted it again. I will try. Thanks

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Alright, cache wipe done. Guess we will see. Let you know how it goes. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by rbess1965 View Post
    You'd think a factory reset would wipe that clean but I guess not
    I'll admit that I missed that part of your original post. But no harm in trying the cache wipe!

I tried the cache wipe... Seems to fix the battery issue...

B. Diddy likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

So wth is using this much. I have everything off that I can think of. Hate, hate, hate these upgrades. So freakin pissed right now.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm about to go iPhone-1401470699231.jpg  

So wth is using this much. I have everything off that I can think of. Hate, hate, hate these upgrades. So freakin pissed right now.

89% after 3+ hours off charge?? That's awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

I'm so tired of these OS upgrades screwing up my phones. Every upgrade causes me issues. My battery is dying faster, when I check battery status, it's showing my screen as the highest user. I've done everything I can think of to reduce it with no luck. Another issue that has pushed me beyond patience is that I can no longer stream music to my car smoothly using Bluetooth. It skips really bad and I'm sure it's because the RAM is struggling to keep up. There are too many running services for it to run smooth. All I can see is freakin Motorola & Google services taking up space. I've already done a factory reset, disabled everything I can and turned off Google+. I don't know what else to do beside root but not confident in doing that. Just really pissed at Android, Google & Motorola right now. My phone was fine before KitKat, just leave me & my phone alone or at least give me the option to decline upgrades. This just sucks!

Wow, I'd be SO FRUSTRATED! That's a lot of annoyances for one device. The shotty bluetooth would bug me the most! I can't believe a factory reset didn't help out with it. I thought that was the solution to all problems always haha. Let me know what you come up with! Good luck!

Your signature says Razr HD, so it's hard for me to compare to my Razr HD Maxx. If you're only losing around 10% in over 3 hours, I'd consider it quite good. What is the screen time? I'm guessing its in the minutes. The screen battery drain should be more than the Android OS, unless you rarely turn on the screen. Sorry about the bluetooth issue. My phone seems way quicker and uses less RAM than before, so I'm very happy with the software update.

My only guess for your battery drain would be some sync settings reset after the update/factory reset. Therefore the phone is syncing way more often and draining battery. Also you can try running the phone all the way down to see if it's a battery calibration issue. Hopefully you can figure it out.

I also remember that with my old Razr Maxx (the original, not HD), battery life would often take a little hit for the first week or so after an update, then settle down significantly. If it hasn't been too long yet, just wait for 1-2 weeks and see what happens.

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

The grass is not greener. The last ios update screwed up my girl's iphone 5. She's actually thinking of going the other way to android. It's always iffy when putting a newer os on an older phone. Sorry to hear about all your problems. I do wish they would give us the option of updating or not.
    Banned

That battery usage looks about right to me! Do you not have electrical service where your at? When my battery gets low I just plug it in!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌
    Thanked by:

anyone considering going over to iPhone should check out the Apple user forums(here or the official one)

there are just as many complaints as Android phones.... just different types of complaints

I own phones and tablet running Androi and iOS and neither one is the "perfect" device.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Thanks for all the suggestions. I need to fix my signature, I actually Have a MaxxHD. And although 89% after three hours isn't shabby, it not normal for a RAZR maxxHD that wasn't used at all during that time. The picture was to illustrate how high the OS, Screen & Android System usage was during that time even though I barely looked at the device during go that time period. Screen on time should have been only about 10 minutes total but the stats state it was on much longer than that and just isn't true.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Signature uodated

Sent using the Motorola RAZR MaxxHD.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    anyone considering going over to iPhone should check out the Apple user forums(here or the official one)

there are just as many complaints as Android phones.... just different types of complaints
    Yes, it's true. And if you go Apple realize that you will have a nearly identical looking and feeling device with identical capabilities as 500 million other people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk