Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Since kitkat, bluetooth problems

I've had a multitude of problems with kitkat. Wifi not connecting when at home and others. Now my phone cannot be "found" by my car and vice versa. If it matters, I have a BMW 750i, however, I'm fairly sure the problem is with the kitkat update as bluetooth worked very well in my car prior to that.
    I tried deleting my car on my phone and phone on my bluetooth page in the car. Now the two simply do not see any devices at all.

update: I was able to re-pair the phone and car, both acknowledge the other as available bluetooth entities, yet, bluetooth still doesn't function over the car.
    Can someone please help?

Thanks so much,
    Patty

Default Re: Since kitkat, bluetooth problems

No solutions, unfortunately, but I've had similar problems with Bluetooth since the update. I had to re-pair my phone to both cars after the update. But my BT constantly turns itself off when connected to my Honda Accord. Sometimes it will turn itself back on after a few minutes but most of the time I have to turn it back on manually. This is both an inconvenience but a potential serious safety issue while I'm driving.

Anyone know of a fix?

I have sync in my 2009 Ford that worked perfectly before. Mine still connects and streams but now skips badly. I think because of a low Ram issue. Think I'm ready to root and put on a custom Rom so I can get rid of all this crap that they are forcing on us. No amount of 'new' features is worth all the crap we have to endure after these updates. Rooting and custom roms scare me because I don't want to brick my phone but I'm just to that point of frustration now. Op, good luck with yours too.

Sent using the Motorola RAZR MaxxHD.
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"

I did find this article and my phone does have 4.4.2 so maybe this is just a bug we can't do anything about right now. http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/05...elly-bean-4-3/

Posted via Android Central App
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"