- 18 Posts
Vibrate/Ringer issues after Kit Kat update
Ever since my phone updated to Kit Kat last week it's been doing a couple of weird things. Overall it's working much better (better battery life for sure!) but these things are an annoyance. I've made a post for each issue.
One thing it does is not stay in vibrate mode. I will put it in vibrate mode (either manually, or have an app like SmartActions) the ringer will turn itself back on anywhere from a few minutes later to an hour or two later. There doesn't seem to be any particular action/event which causes it to turn the ringer back on that I've noticed.
I'm thinking of doing a factory reset on the phone but thought I'd see if anyone else had noticed similar behaviors and knew how to fix them as I won't have time to do the reset until this weekend probably.
- 06-11-2014, 04:37 PM #3
Re: Vibrate/Ringer issues after Kit Kat update
Smart Actions was the cause of my issues. It would pull my phone out of one mode and then not reset it back. I disabled most of the smart action settings that changed the phone volumes since I usually put it on vibrate or silent manually anyway.
- By Dperks17 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 95Last Post: 06-20-2014, 09:54 AM
- By Kat73 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 06-13-2014, 08:40 AM
- By Hardial Singh1 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 06-03-2014, 01:33 AM
- By flyinb501 in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 06-02-2014, 11:49 AM
- By Mia_02 in forum LG G Pad 8.3Replies: 1Last Post: 06-02-2014, 11:00 AM