Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Vibrate/Ringer issues after Kit Kat update

Ever since my phone updated to Kit Kat last week it's been doing a couple of weird things. Overall it's working much better (better battery life for sure!) but these things are an annoyance. I've made a post for each issue.

One thing it does is not stay in vibrate mode. I will put it in vibrate mode (either manually, or have an app like SmartActions) the ringer will turn itself back on anywhere from a few minutes later to an hour or two later. There doesn't seem to be any particular action/event which causes it to turn the ringer back on that I've noticed.

I'm thinking of doing a factory reset on the phone but thought I'd see if anyone else had noticed similar behaviors and knew how to fix them as I won't have time to do the reset until this weekend probably.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Vibrate/Ringer issues after Kit Kat update

Reset seems to have fixed it, 2 days at work this week and it stayed in vibrate all day both days

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Re: Vibrate/Ringer issues after Kit Kat update

Smart Actions was the cause of my issues. It would pull my phone out of one mode and then not reset it back. I disabled most of the smart action settings that changed the phone volumes since I usually put it on vibrate or silent manually anyway.