Year and a half old battery is getting tired....

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I love my Maxx HD. Got Kit Kat. The stock launcer was getting laggy. Installed Nova Launcher.... Between the two it's like I've got a new phone.

Can't stand, though, that so many manufacturers aren't doing replaceable batteries. Aside from the relative ease of carrying a small spare battery instead of a portable charger/battery that's basically the size of the phone... Cell phone batteries cleary don't last two years between upgrades with nearly the punch they packed.

When the fall comes and I'm eligible for an upgrade, will have to think long and hard about going with the MotoX+1 or whatever it will be called vs something else that has a replaceable battery.

Thoughts....?

CROCKOMUNDO

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Its more about charge cycles than time alone. At least Lithium Batteries are 1000% better than the old ni-cad. During one of our Gulf Coast Hurricanes I found a doodad at a kwiky mart that allows me to operate from a couple AAs plugged into the usb port. Not optimal but it works.

Mfg.s love locking us into non replaceable batteries. You would think a 600$ device would allow a 50$ battery insertion swap...Is there anything out there??? That and non standard ports is mainly why I have not gone with apple...

Abby Normal

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
They said you couldn't change the battery in the Droid RAZR also but it can be done...... CAREFULLY.....

I did it so I am betting you can change the battery in the maxx also......

Oh yeah, after changing my battery the new one worked better than the original did on the first day I had the phone......

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary