FoxFi app and broadcasting WiFi

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Since Kitkat was installed on my phone, no longer is it supported by FoxFi. Does anyone know if there is a schedule for Foxfi to release an update if at all for the Maxx HD and if not is there another way to have it broadcast. I used that app quite abit prior and now I can't due to my service plan.

Thanks!

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
If you read their website, they have a listing of phones that do & don't work. The USB tether still works fine on the RMHD, I used it until I got my M8.

Posted via Android Central App

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I looked at the website, and it currently states 4.4 is not supported yet. I just don't see on the website if they're planning on fixing it or not. I was hoping someone would have some insite. Just wondering if there's any other apps that work similar or if there was another solution.

Thanks for the tip on the usb tether. I've also read that blue tooth tether works too. I've not tried that yet.

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
My laptop doesn't have Bluetooth so I never tried it. I'm sure they'll fix the wifi if they can, but the phone companies really works to break it. I don't know if any other way to do a Hotspot unless you root.

mhtsang

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Just saw this...my husband has a RAZR Maxx HD & also has the same issues after accidentally updated his phone to KitKat. He found an app that works and have successfully connected to his laptop. You could try this app ClockworkMod Tether (no root).