Google Music Player lock screen widget since Kit Kat update

Malchore

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Before the Kit Kat update, the lock screen widget for the google music player was very responsive. If I pressed backward/pause/forward it would respond almost immediately. But the Kit Kat version of the widget can take as many as 5 seconds to respond to a key press.

Anyone else notice this? All in all, my phone is basically the same as before with the Kit Kat update. Haven't noticed any improvements to speed or fluidity on the phone. Nothing has changed really, except the delay in that lock screen widget. Battery drains a little faster, but I still get two days out of it (as opposed to three previously.)

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Before the Kit Kat update, the lock screen widget for the google music player was very responsive. If I pressed backward/pause/forward it would respond almost immediately. But the Kit Kat version of the widget can take as many as 5 seconds to respond to a key press.

Anyone else notice this? All in all, my phone is basically the same as before with the Kit Kat update. Haven't noticed any improvements to speed or fluidity on the phone. Nothing has changed really, except the delay in that lock screen widget. Battery drains a little faster, but I still get two days out of it (as opposed to three previously.)

Lucky you, my battery is now down to about 14 hrs and my bluetooth isn't working very well. My desk headset works fine, but I can only use my car bluetooth about 1 in every 20 calls. If connecting to a bluetooth speaker, the music skips constantly like it has a very poor connection. All occurred immediately after Kit Kat.

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problems. I realized my free memory which had been hovering around 150-250mb free was always down to 50-85mb free after the kitkat update. But it did seem to run smoother (outside of music apps). Recently with the whole fb+messenger separation, I decided to uninstall the Facebook app (now I just use the mobile interface through a browser) and bingo, my free memory hovers in the 250mb range and all of my music apps work well again. The Bluetooth skipping has decreased tremendously, probably about one every few songs now (before it would skip already one every song, sometimes even more).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234