Droid razr maxx release date 1/26 Link to Website Included

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice if you goto Motorola's website it no longer gives the date of 1/26.

Now it says "Coming Soon".

This irkes me. I sighed up a new account with verizon and Thursday is when my 14 days trial ends. Best buy has a 30 day exchange policy, so I was thinking I would just exchange my Razr for the MAXX on the 26th. But now there is no way of really knowing if it will come out on the 26th or not now.

Geez I wish they would get their crap straight. I don't know whether I should just cancel and sign up again later or just say they heck with them all together.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has the final say so as to when any device goes live on their networks... so it's not a big surprise that Motorola probably got their hand slapped for putting up that kind of information before VZW officially announced it. If you want to complain, you should complain to VZW. More than likely VZW will not make this official until a day or two before the official date.

sabrerider

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Agree. The carriers are to blame for a lot of crap like delayed OS updates etc. Most recently the Google Wallet problem on the Nexus. Most complaints should definitely be aimed at VZW.

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Adding more fuel to this fire. I called to get my upgrade date "fixed" on one of my phones. The rep asked if I wanted o go ahead and order a phone since I can now upgrade, I said sure but I think it won't be out until the 26th. She looked it up and found that indeed the Maxx is there for the 26th. She couldn't put in the order for me though. The system won't allow it before the 26th, I'll have to call back on the 26th or walk into a Verizon owned store on that date.

Reactions: Androidpwns

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but the fact that they are starting TV commercials, during the broadcast of the AFC championship game means that it is very close.

I actually stopped what I was doing and paid attention to the commercial (more so to see if they put a date or not).

Reactions: Joe378

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but the fact that they are starting TV commercials, during the broadcast of the AFC championship game means that it is very close.

I actually stopped what I was doing and paid attention to the commercial (more so to see if they put a date or not).

I hope so... but it's not always the case... just look back the Thunderbolt, they were advertising that for a LONG, LONG time before it actually came out. I'm still hoping it comes out Thursday.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I hope so... but it's not always the case... just look back the Thunderbolt, they were advertising that for a LONG, LONG time before it actually came out. I'm still hoping it comes out Thursday.

Although you can be correct knowing how Verizon is, the Thunderbolt was the first 4G phone so I believe the hype about the TB was it was the first 4G phone and they wanted to get started as early as possible on the marketing. Although I may purchase the Razr Maxx, I may wait 1-2 weeks to see if there are any big problems before I commit to a 2 year contract; I have always done 1 year contracts. but they no longer exist as we all know.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The funny thing is that last week, they had the RazrMaxx on their website (as well as Droid4). It had a little comment of "coming soon"

Both of these phones have now been removed from their website. To me, I think that means they are getting ready for both phones to go live.

I of course have to wait until mid March before I can even consider upgrading, but it would sure be nice to know it is out, so I can go to the store to look at them, and make my mind up prior to my upgrade

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If your upgrade is not until March, you might want to wait for the quad cores.

Something tells me that they will use even more battery since it will have a more powerful processor. How are quad core phones going to be different than the current phones as I am not to familar with this. I heard about them coming out but am not sure what the significant benefits will be.