12 Hours and Counting!

RARE NOTCH

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the TB with the extanded battery and in the same boat. the thing that gets me is i dont know if i like the build quality it seems alittle cheap compared to me.

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I too have a TB and thought about this. But then I realized the screen is getting horrible reviews, I hate the Moto skin formerly known as Blur and there will be more phones coming down the pipeline with a big battery built in...Here lately the TB has been lasting all day..

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I got the this phone, can't comment on battery life yet as I've only had it for 5 hours, but i have to comment that i see nothing wrong with the screen ...

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
yeah i dont know why people are bashing the screen and blur..

testing out the droid razr at the stores for a while.. it looks beautiful and a real hit.

roscko

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm down to 40% battery left after over 19 hours unplugged. Throughout that time I checked Gmail and my Microsoft Exchange email intermittently, chatted on Gtalk and Google Voice intermittently, surfed on this forum several times, read RSS feeds through Newsrob, briefly checked Facebook stats, and messed with the phone's settings and customizations for a few hours. Half the time I was on wifi, the other half on 4G. I'm on wifi when I'm at home where I get mediocre to poor (but still existent) signal.

Screen is on auto brightness with auto sleep after 1 minute of no activity. Have live wallpaper running and using Launcher Pro with all Moto services deactivated (as much as possible without root).

I find the battery performance most satisfactory.

cr2

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday was my first full day with the razr maxx. I tried my best to use up all the battery....played with it from 9 am until midnight. Lots of d/l from the market, listening to pandora, games, email, the works. When I went to bed it was only down to 30%.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Yesterday, I used mine 17 hours and it was down to 70 percent -- great battery life and it should get better as the battery gets conditioned.

As for the comparison to the Thunderbolt -- there is no comparison. I have had them all. The Rezound and Nexus are comparable, but the Thunderbolt is not even in the same league. The Rezound is good -- it just was not for me. The Nexus will be the best of the bunch if they ever get all of the bugs ironed out (especially the signal problems). I am using the Maxx because it works and is the best for what I want. I still have the Nexus and will probably revert to it if they get the signal issues corrected. I will say that I am using the 2.3.6 leak on the Maxx and it is great. It is much better than 2.3.5 for holding a signal. If I did not have 2.3.6 I would probably have returned the Maxx because it was no better than the Nexus.

robry

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have to say that going from my Thunderbolt with extended battery to this thing is not even a comparison. I'm not sure why people whine about the screen, I think it's very sharp and crisp. I actually prefer it over the thunderbolt. I had the thunderbolt rooted/custom rom, etc and still think the razr maxx is better. I kind of crushed the battery life, been using it pretty hard all morning and down to 65% since 7AM. Battery needs conditioned but once I tweak it a little more I think seeing 15-20hours out of it daily usage is definitely possible. Also noticed much better reception in the same places my thunderbolt would have a hard time with signal. Overall very happy with my upgrade!

RARE NOTCH

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the tbolt with the extended battery. i get a full day of use out of it moderate use email facebook
text a few calls and whn i charge it at night still have 30% left non rooted stock gingerbread. Still up in the air may what to see if they make a white one.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I am still up in the air to see if I should get the Maxx or wait for the quad phones. Hopefully they have good batteries too.

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
My Maxx is en route and I should get it Tues. I currently have a TB with the extended battery. There are a lot of days that I have to recharge before the day is over, especially when I am in 4G coverage. If the Maxx will go a full day without recharging, I will be happy. Having a smaller and lighter phone is just frosting on the cake.

Any other TB users care to comment who used the extended battery?

SuperJETT

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
3300mAh battery divided by whatever your charger puts out. 4.5 hours on the 750mA charger that comes with it.

Theoretically that is...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar