Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Anyone having data drop problems?

    I have a Rezound which doesn't drop data at all and was wondering if the MAXX has the data drop problems of other LTE devices. I had a Droid Charge before the Rezound which was really bad about it; it would drop data constantly. Reading over at the regular Razr forums, it seems some people are having trouble with data drop. Also read that a leaked update helps with the problem.

    So, any of you having data drop problems?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Anyone having data drop problems?

    The data drops sometimes, but it hasn't happened much after the first update rolled out. I would imagine the next update will straighten the issue out even further.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Anyone having data drop problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by paul-c View Post
    The data drops sometimes, but it hasn't happened much after the first update rolled out. I would imagine the next update will straighten the issue out even further.
    First update? I got my phone on release day and have not had any updates or heard about anyone else getting an update, what are you talking about?
  4. #4  
    robry's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone having data drop problems?

    my thunderbolt with any radio on it would drop between 4G and 1X all the time, never wanted to use 3G, very rarely. my razr maxx has been excellent at using whatever is available. no complaints at all thus far.
  5. #5  
    AndroidXTC's Avatar

    Posts
    1,036 Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Anyone having data drop problems?

    I do think its more of a network issue rather than a handset one. As more and more 4G phones come online its going to get worse if they don't expand the current system to handle the load. I had a charge also and never had any data dropping issues at all. I think its all about the area you are in and how busy the network is at certain times of the day.
  6. #6  
    Minacious's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone having data drop problems?

    I'm in a 4G area and have yet to experience any data drops and have been on the phone tweaking it since it arrived.
    Ed - Klingon women are HOT! (A Trekkie for life)
    Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Anyone having data drop problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
    First update? I got my phone on release day and have not had any updates or heard about anyone else getting an update, what are you talking about?
    The update that the RAZR got a little while back. The RAZR MAXX shipped with that update already in there. They're running the same stuff, so they should mirror each other with the updates. I should have been more specific.

    Last edited by paul-c; 01-28-2012 at 12:35 PM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Anyone having data drop problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    I do think its more of a network issue rather than a handset one. As more and more 4G phones come online its going to get worse if they don't expand the current system to handle the load. I had a charge also and never had any data dropping issues at all. I think its all about the area you are in and how busy the network is at certain times of the day.
    I used the Charge and the Rezound in the same area and the Charge kept having data drops while the Rezound doesn't drop data at all. The reason for my question is because I'm considering the MAXX but I wanna make sure the data drop issue is not there...it was sooooooo frustrating...
  9. #9  
    AndroidXTC's Avatar

    Posts
    1,036 Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Anyone having data drop problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by G1Crank View Post
    I used the Charge and the Rezound in the same area and the Charge kept having data drops while the Rezound doesn't drop data at all. The reason for my question is because I'm considering the MAXX but I wanna make sure the data drop issue is not there...it was sooooooo frustrating...
    I never had a data dropping issue with my Charge here in Chicago. The Maxx seems to be fine also
  10. #10  

    Default

    I haven't had this phone too long...then again no one has lol but i haven't had data drop yet...

    Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

B