Do most stores have plenty of Maxx in stock?

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I may go buy a Maxx tomorrow. Do most of the VZW stores seem to have plenty of the Maxx in stock? Has anyone heard of a shortage?

RTaylor692

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if you saw the other post here, but target mobile is 229.99 with free shipping and not activation fee. I ordered mine yesterday. 2-3 day shipping. Can't wait until Wed or Thurs.

Oh, and to answer your question, here in Dayton, OH, our biggest Verizon store was completely out, and Best Buy didn't have them yet.

cr2

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Call the store and ask them. That's the only way to know. My store got in 9 on the first day when I got mine. I don't know if they've sold them all.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I went into the Verizon corporate store two hours after they opened on release day for the MAXX and the sales person told me the phone had not been released yet. I told him it was released that morning and he said they were not selling it yet. I asked to speak to the manager and the manager said they don't even have them yet. I was shocked and while he was telling me this another employee said they were locked up in another managers desk. He did some poking around on the computer and said "oh yes, it was released today" and went back and found me a phone in someones desk.

My point is, I don't think this phone is a big seller as they had not sold one in the first two hours on release day so I doubt they are out of these phones.

Last edited:

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
My local Verizon store said they can order one and have it shipped to my house. I think I'll just order it myself.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
When I went to buy it on Saturday afternoon they said it was out of stock and sold out a few hours before I came in, they just ordered it to my home gets here tomorrow. Can't wait!

jm2907

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I called around Montgomery AL last night and I was told there was not one in stock for 60 miles. Ordered online, should be in tomorrow. :cool:

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Weird. I live in central NJ and went to my friend's store who works for VZW. He stated that I was like the second person to purchase this phone since it was launched; the first person came at opening the day it was released. For a phone with this kind of battery, I would have thought VZW would have done a lot more advertising.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
The VZ store my town said that it was a soft launch. I think that all manufactures will be going to a larger battery until the chips are very low powered. Just makes sense.

JayAndROID86

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
This phone must be selling like hot cakes. Went to my Verizon store and it was sold out and the closest one that had them in stock was 30 miles and only one available. One of the managers couldn't believe that many were sold already.

Currently waiting for the Fedex truck to deliver my Maxx today :):)

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
My local store said they were out of stock.

I went in to look at the display model, and they found 5 in the back.

They price matched amazon, so I got it for 200. :)

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I think they must have got a small amount of these as my local store doesn't know much about it and isn't pushing the phone. The sales guy told me they have had little to no interest in this phone and he also said they have sold almost no Galaxy Nexus since launch day. If the MAXX and GN are not selling, what the hell is?

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
My store called to tell my they had some in stock but can't hold any for anyone. Luckily I ordered my online and got it yesterday. Now i'm just comparing it against my nexus.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got mine on Saturday. Not sure how many the store had left, but it was not too many as the sales person had to go into the back to get the stock number to find it.

He said that the Iphone 4S is selling like crazy (and when I was in there, the sales people were taking everyone that came in to the Iphone display). To each their own I guess.

I really like my Maxx and consider it a great update from my Droid X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy