Possible Bad Razr Maxx Battery!

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If any of you MAXX owners want to sell your phone for a reasonble price hit me up, cause I'd kill for the battery life some of you with "bad" batteries are getting.

In all seriousness though, I've read that running the battery from 100% to 0% helps immensely.

Conditioning the battery early on is always a good idea I think.

Dolomite

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
What's your fetch schedule on your email accounts? Running live wallpaper? Did you check the task manager and see what's running?

So I did the following in the last few days.

Factory Reset
Charged battery past 100% with the phone off
Changed corporate email sync from continuous to 15 min.
Did not reinstall Yahoo apps.

Smart actions were enabled both times.

This resulted in a change from about 8-12 hours to over 24 hours.

I would recommend at the bare minimum to do a factory reset and try and "fully charge" it with no apps installed to see if there is significant increase in battery life before returning it. I ran with zero apps installed for a day or two and I immediately saw a difference. Some app may be sucking extra juice, but I have not isolated a problem app.

Having said that, while effectively at least doubling the battery life, I may try and return for a new one, "just because".

Hope this may help someone.

Reactions: derek128

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you, and that's why i always go from 100% all the way down to 5%. I have also let the Maxx Completely DIE out on me on purpose the first 3 Full days i had it.

Last edited:

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree with "Some" of the things you said.. Can't say i agree with All of it because, If we can't use our Maxx in everyday Normal Usuage, then what's the real point of having an Amazing battery in this phone?? I feel that THIS particular smartphone IS Special... I should be able to use it as i have used my Droid X, and get Double" the battery life.. Except, I'M NOT! The Only real exception is the google navigation.. My Droid X can NOT go 5 hrs on Navigation, and my Maxx can....

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I was under the Impression that with this new technology in these battries, we DO NOT have to "condition" them at all, because they "do not" develop memory... I am still confused on this subject of battery conditioning. I have read many post where users say that we SHOULD condition the battery, and then have read the same amount of post that state we should NOT condition the battery.. Hopefully, one day soon; Someone will Clarify this once and for all....

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was under the Impression that with this new technology in these battries, we DO NOT have to "condition" them at all, because they "do not" develop memory... I am still confused on this subject of battery conditioning. I have read many post where users say that we SHOULD condition the battery, and then have read the same amount of post that state we should NOT condition the battery.. Hopefully, one day soon; Someone will Clarify this once and for all....

What MaxKillz said, you're not really conditioning the battery, you're just calibrating it so that the phone knows it's battery better.

Reactions: derek128

Ryan32973

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, new here to the forums, but been a Droid user since the first Droid came out...

I have the Razr Maxx... Barely hit 20 hour total use time, after 3rd charge.
Stats:
Voice calls - 20% 19min
Display - 16% 1.5hr
Android OS 13% 30min
Phone idle 11% 17hr
WIFI 9% 6hr
Standby 9%
Com.Moto activesync 8%
Android System 5%

Unplugged from complete charge yesterday at 4:30pm, had the battery warning at the 20 hour mark. I did use limited Bluetooth for a few calls totaling 40 minutes today.

How am I not seeing battery times like you guys, help, please!!!

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
My maxxx is having a poor day today. I've used it a moderate amount, more then light but nothing over the top, and after 8 hours I'm at 48% this is the first time I'm seeing this...

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Battey left is another good one. It's free but you have to give it a few days/charges to get an accurate battery level. It works independently from the stock battery indicator.

madviking74

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
here's an update on my Maxx battery... not getting anywhere near what the specs say ....i streamed music for 10 hrs straight on first charge and was down to 5%..didnt use as much second day roughly same battery life...i have probably30 apps on phone extra...screen auto...not to stoked on battery life..several nights let it sit over night and went down overnightt 40 % without doing anything...this is all on wifi and 3g...probably

90% wifi...not sure if wifi uses more or less juice then 3g..then a couple days ago i let it run totally out and charge to 100 %...not much change ...used it heavy for 12 hrs stream music internet and 1.75hrs phone...dead ...then i let it run down totally again and charged it to 100...took off charger at 615 am this morning and at 543this eve roughly 11.5 hrs later still at 90 per cent...haven't used it much today hardley aT all but still it seems to be greatly improved after letting it totally letting it go dead twice in a row and recharge to 100...the second time seemed to work much better...i will observe for a few more days and report back...hope this helps somebody for comparing

thabears23

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys new to the forums but just wanted to chime in. On my Max which I got on Saturday been great compared to my Droid charge but for some reason I'm not blown away yet. This morning was my first test fully charged took it off the charger at 7 am and by 815am after 3 texts msgs and turn the screen on to see the time went from 99% (never 100%) too 89% in that time. I'm at 13% and has been unplugged for 15 + hours from battery indicator does this sound right just mostly texting and surfing the web say a total of an hour all day. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar