Possible Bad Razr Maxx Battery!
02-12-2012 10:23 PM
- Now, i am starting to think, I also "might" have a Bum Battery! (day#1) Off charger at 10:00AM and completely Dead at 4:00PM (moderate usage) (day#2) Off charger at 12:00PM completely Dead at 10:00PM (Light Usage) (day#3) Off charger at 11:00AM and Completely Dead at 9:30PM (Moderate-Heavy Usage) (day#4) Off charger at 12:00PM and completely dead at 9:30PM.. On day # 3 AND 4 I had been using Google Navigator for 5 Hours Straight on both days.. Facebook Widget runs constantly in the backround too.. Not sure IF that is considered "Moderate" Or, "Heavy Usage" ?? and i also had my Bluetooth ON Constantly from the moment i take the Razr Maxx off the charger, until it Completely Dies out on me... I Also have Very Strong 4g Everywhere i go.. Can someone Please help me understand if this battery is a Good one, or maybe i should replace the phone?? Can't Understand Why so many other people are getting Much better results than me.. I got the Maxx on Friday, January 27th, So i Only have either 10 or 14 days to return it!! Iv'e already had it 5 days now... please help... thanks01-31-2012 11:38 PM
- 5 hrs of straight navigation is pretty heavy data usage. I'd say it's to close to tell if your battery is bad. Day one or two with only 8-9hrs and light usage that's bad. Just return it for a new one. The 14day return policy is only if your not satisfied with the phone and u want something different. You have a one year manufacturer warranty that covers your phone for other manufacturer defects.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk01-31-2012 11:53 PM
- thanks Anthony.. In all honestly.. I really DON'T know "exactly" what's Considered "Heavy' usage, and "Moderate' usage.. but YOU did clear up for me, that 5 hours of constant gps is considered HEAVY usage.. I use my Razr Maxx EVERY Single day with a Minimum of Atleast 5 hrs. of Google Navigator" because i work for medical transportation, and NEED gps to Find where the Client Lives..02-01-2012 12:10 AM
- No prob. I would definitely have that phone pluged in with a car charger. Not only are you consistantly downloading all the maps in the background while navigating, but your screen is probably on 100% of the time as well and I'm sure its at its brightest if your working during the day cause of the sunlight.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk02-01-2012 09:59 AM
- I believe I might have some issue with my battery. I have gotten 8 hours and 12 hours with 4G and my "typical" use. 3 email accounts with a little streaming and some surfing. I use some smart actions as well. The alarming thing is that on one of the days, voice calls was twice as much as the display with less than 2 hours of talk time.02-01-2012 10:53 AM
- I believe I might have some issue with my battery. I have gotten 8 hours and 12 hours with 4G and my "typical" use. 3 email accounts with a little streaming and some surfing. I use some smart actions as well. The alarming thing is that on one of the days, voice calls was twice as much as the display with less than 2 hours of talk time.02-01-2012 11:34 AM
- Actually, my screen is ALWAYS set to "Automatic" even during the daytime.. My screen is NOT on 100% of the time, and never set at it's Maximum Brightest either... TODAY, I took it off the charger at 6:00AM and it was Dead at 6:30PM! I am so confused.. I am not sure if this is Normal for this battery? I used the "Google Navigator" for 3 1/2 Hours straight and the time on the display was 4 hours straight... Facebook Widget runs constantly in the backround too... Check my email's about 20 times, and sent & recieved about 100 text messages.....02-01-2012 09:12 PM
- Automatic screen brightness in day time is most likely gonna push the screen brightness to 100%. Does your screen shut off during Navigation? Cause mine does not. so if your using navigation for 3 1/2 hrs then your screen should be on for 3 1/2 hrs. Take it back and get a different one.. they'll give you another one.. maybe it is a bad battery and the only way to tell is try a different one.02-01-2012 09:31 PM
- i think you are right.. I want to get another device, and this damn verizon Tech is trying to walk me through "smart actions" He's acting like he doesnt wanna send me out a new phone!! and im getting Pissed off with him.. I just got off the phone with him, and he is now saying, too just simply return the device to any authorize verizon retail store, and they will give me a new one... Thanks for letting me know that "auto brightness" will put the screen at 100% in the daytime, i didn'y know that.. and the screen NEVER shuts off during Navigation. I am just not convinced that 12 hours under Heavy Usage, my Maxx goes dead! and other people are Also using their Maxx with heavy usage, and their Pulling 16+ Hours.....02-01-2012 10:10 PM
- Just to point out that navigation is actually constant use not heavy use. I think a 3300 battery is only guaranteed 4 hours of constant use. I will try to find where i read this and post it. But I think your not doing to bad running all that navigation and background data.
Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk02-01-2012 10:46 PM
- Thanks.. and maybe your right, that i am not doing that bad with this phone. I am still gonna return it this weekend, and get another new one. Then i will compare my notes with the Maxx agaisn't the other one. IF i am getting close to the exact same results, then i will know that my battery was fine. IF i get much better results with the new Maxx, then i will know that i did infact have a Bum Battery! lol Either way, it's a win win situation for me.. Thanks for your time.. (^_^) I just want a Razr Maxx that i can be happy with...02-01-2012 10:59 PM
- I would take it back. It is a win win situation. Your already beating out every other android phone I've used. If you get better battery life great, if not...battery life is still better and a car charger or even the dock isn't that expensive.
Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk02-01-2012 11:22 PM
- Today is the 7th day iv'e owned the Maxx, and took it Off the charger at 7:30AM and it was Dead at 6:30PM... As Usual, Had Google Navigator" running for 4 Hours Straight, and the Screen was on for the same amount of time.. Had Facebook Widget running constantly, and sent and recieved around 75 Text Messages, and checked my Two email Accounts about 20 times.. Seems like this Maxx has a Average of 12 hours before it dies out... Giving it One Last day tomorrow, and if i'm not satisfied, I am def. gonna Return it on Saturday for a New one.. Maybe it's just Me, and i am expecting waaay too much out of it. We shall see.....02-03-2012 12:25 AM
- 02-04-2012 05:52 PM
- NO GPS at all today, and Unplug from charger at 12:00PM and it's just after 12:00AM and i'm Down to 20% on my Battery... I was on the phone for 4 Hours Straight tonight, and was kinda expecting much better results. Especially considering i used NO gps at all today! I am guessing that if i Include the 4 hours i was Talking on the phone tonight, that would push me towards the 16 Hour mark... I am still Confused whether this is a good working battery, Or Inded a Bad one??02-04-2012 11:42 PM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid RAZR MAXX
Possible Bad Razr Maxx Battery!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD