Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sync with Outlook?

I have a Maxx that will be delivered tomorrow. I currently have a BB Storm 2 and have never had a Droid before. Is there an app to allow the Droid to sync calendar, tasks, and memos with MS Outlook? It would make getting all my old info onto the new phone a lot easier.

Default Re: Sync with Outlook?

If you're wanting to sync with Outlook Exchange like with a work e-mail account accessible online, then yes, I've done this and am able to sync with my calendar, tasks, and contacts. Not sure about memos though, haven't tried it and can't seem to find a function that allows memo syncing.

Even if the phone doesn't have that capability, I"m sure you can find a 3rd party app on the Android Market that can do what you need it to do.

Touchdown by Nitrodesk is best exchange client on the market. Imho. Love it. Very versatile, tons of settings

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

It works fine with my Outlook...

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

I left a BB Tour in September and moved to Touchdown and I'm quite happy with it. Emails are instant. I can add tasks, calendar entries, everything I can do in outlook.

I went from Palm to BB and now to RazrMaxx. I'm using DejaOffice. Works great with Outlook, inclucing memos (notes). Will keep categories, etc..

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

What about those of us not on Exchange? Is there a method to sync Outlook calender and tasks with Android?

You could always use Goggle Calendar

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Thanks, but no thanks. I really do not like Google Calendar. There has to be some else!

How did you do it

Quote Originally Posted by roscko View Post
    If you're wanting to sync with Outlook Exchange like with a work e-mail account accessible online, then yes, I've done this and am able to sync with my calendar, tasks, and contacts. Not sure about memos though, haven't tried it and can't seem to find a function that allows memo syncing.
    Can you share the steps with me? Thanks.

Even if the phone doesn't have that capability, I"m sure you can find a 3rd party app on the Android Market that can do what you need it to do.

I've had to use gSync. PITA to go back and forth, and I had to purchase it, but so far, so good.