Ok Batt Solution

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Let your battery drain all the way down to zero. Then charge it all the way back to 100% it will take a while. It will improve your battery life immensely.Lets say I got a whopping 24 hrs out of my batt to 30% after doing it. Its reccomended that you do it once a month. Give it a shot.....

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
gonna have my GF try this. Her batter has been GOOD, not great as advertised.

How many hours of screen time is expected given 3g connection only?

kil187

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression that these batteries didn't need conditioning

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

Don't know if its conditioning, rather "recalibration"??

It was also suggested here:

For the first few days my Maxx wasn't giving me great battery life. I decided to run the battery down until the phone shut off. I then charged it up to 100%, which took hours. I'm currently at 60% after 20 hours of use which includes talking, texting, tethering and bluetooth music streaming! Seems like the battery needed calibrating. Try doing the same thing on your Maxx.

I tried it and it seems like it works. Went from 13 hours and 5% battery left to 20 hours and 30% battery left with absolutely no changes to the phone whatsoever, I will be keeping track of it though.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if its conditioning, rather "recalibration"??

It was also suggested here:

I tried it and it seems like it works. Went from 13 hours and 5% battery left to 20 hours and 30% battery left with absolutely no changes to the phone whatsoever, I will be keeping track of it though.

Yep thats exactly where I got it from. Thanks for taking out the time post it

digmydroidx

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but what if you have a fee batteries and switch them out as you charge them...then it wont work.

Sent from my Awesome Verizon Droid Charge ! Using Tapatalk

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but what if you have a fee batteries and switch them out as you charge them...then it wont work.

Sent from my Awesome Verizon Droid Charge ! Using Tapatalk

This is the Razr Maxx we're talking about, with a non-removable battery. Unless you're cracking yours open you can't switch them out.

brockpsu

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
For those of you with bad battery, be sure to know what you are comparing. I had a TB with extended battery, and this phone does just as well if not better. Sure, some days when I'm at work I leave with 30%, but the TB was the same, and it's due to poor signal. On the weekends, I haven't seen it dip below 60% with an overnight charge.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok here goes since I have done this today I am seriously watching it. I unplugged my phone this morning
at 5:30 am. Screen is at full brightness, data is on( background data off) I am in a solid LTE area where I work.
I have done a fair amount of texting, a couple of calls. It is 2pm and my battery is at 80%.
I remember before I did this as soon as I unplugged it withing about an hour my phone would be down to 90%. I have a regular 7:pm standig appointment and I usually try and arrive an hour to a half four early. I will be playing games a bit whilst I wait. Also when I am at home I do turn on wi-fi because 4g is flakey for some reason when I am at home
I will report back, and yes this is my do or not week; to see if this is really worth it or going back to my Razr.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Results drum roll.................................
I unplugged my phone yesterday at 5:30 am.
Data on no background data, wi-fi on at home......
A few calls a lot of texting I say at least twenty; about 30 min games.
When I get home I switch to wi-fi, did that before I went to sleep
did some web surfing read an article so lets say 15 min. Nothing worth reading.
Quick browse on my nook app.
This morning network back on its 5:30 and I am at 40%.
Me thinks this is a keeper.

Ryan32973

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
After 29 hrs. My batt is finally at 20% boo-yow

Ok, new here to the forums, but been a Droid user since the first Droid came out...

I have the Razr Maxx... Barely hit 20 hour total use time, after 3rd charge.
Stats:
Voice calls - 20% 19min
Display - 16% 1.5hr
Android OS 13% 30min
Phone idle 11% 17hr
WIFI 9% 6hr
Standby 9%
Com.Moto activesync 8%
Android System 5%

Unplugged from complete charge yesterday at 4:30pm, had the battery warning at the 20 hour mark. I did use limited Bluetooth for a few calls totaling 40 minutes today.

How am I not seeing battery times like you guys, help, please!!!

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, new here to the forums, but been a Droid user since the first Droid came out...

I have the Razr Maxx... Barely hit 20 hour total use time, after 3rd charge.
Stats:
Voice calls - 20% 19min
Display - 16% 1.5hr
Android OS 13% 30min
Phone idle 11% 17hr
WIFI 9% 6hr
Standby 9%
Com.Moto activesync 8%
Android System 5%

Unplugged from complete charge yesterday at 4:30pm, had the battery warning at the 20 hour mark. I did use limited Bluetooth for a few calls totaling 40 minutes today.

How am I not seeing battery times like you guys, help, please!!!

First let you battery drain all the way to 0. U are going to have to have to force it to drain to o. Because at about 15% it has a circuit that will shut it off automatically. Then charge it all the way back to 100%.
You should see much improved results. I would also reccomend turning off background data. It is only necessary to get emails and for soci.al apps such as Facebook.
Sheesh I saw where one guy was only down to 80% after 22hrs.
I want to see what I get in the next day. I may return and repurchase to start all over
just to see what kind of life I get but I do have to say this is better than anything I have ever had.

madviking74

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
here's an update on my Maxx battery... not getting anywhere near what the specs say ....i streamed music for 10 hrs straight on first charge and was down to 5%..didnt use as much second day roughly same battery life...i have probably30 apps on phone extra...screen auto...not to stoked on battery life..several nights let it sit over night and went down overnightt 40 % without doing anything...this is all on wifi and 3g...probably

90% wifi...not sure if wifi uses more or less juice then 3g..then a couple days ago i let it run totally out and charge to 100 %...not much change ...used it heavy for 12 hrs stream music internet and 1.75hrs phone...dead ...then i let it run down totally again and charged it to 100...took off charger at 615 am this morning and at 543this eve roughly 11.5 hrs later still at 90 per cent...haven't used it much today hardley aT all but still it seems to be greatly improved after letting it totally letting it go dead twice in a row and recharge to 100...the second time seemed to work much better...i will observe for a few more days and report back...hope this helps somebody for comparing