Razr Max

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
My local Verizon store was out of the Maxx so i ordered a Droid Razr Maxx today.I sure hope i haven't screwed up this will be my first none BlackBerry smart phone and my BlackBerry Bold 9930 isn't a bad phone and to me it is easier to use than the Droid Razr Maxx what little that i have played with one and that was just in the Verizon store. I guess i will find out in a few days when the phone gets here. Be kind to this old man for asking stupid questions when i get the phone please. :confused:

Last edited:

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Razr Maxx

I am disappointed with the cases for the Maxx that they sell here , i am use to the nice leather cases that they make for BlackBerry's and there are very few of any type in the store on the forum . :(

4xxblessed

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a Storm 2 and went to the Thunderbolt, now I have a Razr Maxx. I was afraid to leave Blackberry, but have to say I have NEVER looked back!!! Android is so much better, in my opinion. I've only had the Razr Maxx a few days, but I absolutely love it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
You'll never have to do another battery pull, and wait until you see how quickly it starts up. :)

Reactions: jerry 12

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I left Blackberry a long time ago, and have been very happy ever since... there are some things that Blackberry did very well, but too many it did not do well. You will find all the free apps you need on the Market... not everything will be the same as your Blackberry, so please don't expect it to be.

Reactions: jerry 12

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
i just switched from a blackberry bold 9650, and the transition was ok. i'm still learning the android system as well. i have found the one thing blackberry did better was the simple notification/sound profiles system. i guess there is an app for this on android, though i have yet to download it.

lewie61

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Razr Maxx

I am disappointed with the cases for the Maxx that they sell here , i am use to the nice leather cases that they make for BlackBerry's and there are very few of any type in the store on the forum . :(

Do a a Google search on the Duracell DU9947 case. It's an extra large leather case with an excellent belt clip that the Maxx will fit into nicely. The only down side is that because of the Maxx's height, the case does ride pretty high above the belt but with cell phones now having 4.3 and 4.5 inch screens, that is unavoidable. The other option is the Verizon snap on case/holster combination. It is effective in the vertical or horizontal positions and is very slim on the belt. Here are pics of the Duracell.

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
i just switched from a blackberry bold 9650, and the transition was ok. i'm still learning the android system as well. i have found the one thing blackberry did better was the simple notification/sound profiles system. i guess there is an app for this on android, though i have yet to download it.

If you're talking about LightFlow, yes it is very similar to what BB does better. I also liked the Wallpaper Change app.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a BB9930 and to a 4G LTE Droid, your going to be amazed by the speed of the browser and the amount of stuff you can do on your phone compared to a BB.

The phone is still new so give it a little bit of time and you will see more and more cases for it.

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I got the Razr Maxx about five pm today so now to learn how to use the durn thing. Its been down loading a up date for the last 30 min it must be a large one. :confused: