MAXX case that I found

Berry Crazy

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
On accessory geeks they have a case with a kick stand for $14.99 The item # is: HOC-MOMAXXBK Its called the: Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Hard Case w/Holster Stand-Black

My concern is that the "support" for the kickstand looks kind of flimsy.

I called VERIZON, and they have nothing in stock at the present time. They told me that they were not going to have one until March 1.

Just thought someone/anyone might want to look.

Accessories for the MAXX is sure limited at the present time.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
On accessory geeks they have a case with a kick stand for $14.99 The item # is: HOC-MOMAXXBK Its called the: Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Hard Case w/Holster Stand-Black

My concern is that the "support" for the kickstand looks kind of flimsy.

I called VERIZON, and they have nothing in stock at the present time. They told me that they were not going to have one until March 1.

Just thought someone/anyone might want to look.

Accessories for the MAXX is sure limited at the present time.

For $14.99, you get what you pay for.

rfeagan

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
4 foot drop to concrete? I doubt it. Larger battery does add a little bit of weight and I bet the screen will crack if it falls on the concrete.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

wlpoulson

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Otter Box is the most indestructible case I have ever seen on a phone. It's a cliche but it's true, you get what you pay for. On the Otter site the commuter is 35 and the defender is 50. I have seen a phone fly across the floor into a wall with no damage to the phone.

anon(37023)

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Otter Box is the most indestructible case I have ever seen on a phone. It's a cliche but it's true, you get what you pay for. On the Otter site the commuter is 35 and the defender is 50. I have seen a phone fly across the floor into a wall with no damage to the phone.

+1. I'm using the Otterbox Commuter and its great - loads of protection and easier button operation, while remaining thin and light.

posted using Tapatalk

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
+1. I'm using the Otterbox Commuter and its great - loads of protection and easier button operation, while remaining thin and light.

posted using Tapatalk

I agree. I've used these on several phones and have always been very happy with them.

GRB11

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Definitely needs a case under certain conditions and environs. Otterbox Commuter is what I use when in the out-of-doors or traveling (running through airports), as the sandwich construction will protect to a degree if dropped. And you will drop this phone at some point. Gorilla Glass is good against scratches, so I don't use a screen protector; however, it can shatter if the impact is at the right angle on the phone. Commuter Case protects the glass when placed face down, which I do a lot. Better safe . . .

Commuter Case enables easy pocket storage, as it's almost as sleek as the phone and doesn't get hung up when removing for a call.

UPDATE: Reality checked in and I just removed the case. My one problem with the Otterbox Commuter is that while it's smaller and sleeker than the Defender, it is still too bulky for the Razr Maxx. I like the phone because it's very easy to carry around in a pants pocket without needing a belt holder. I will likely get a Diztronic TPU case when it becomes available for the Maxx or just have the phone go combat. I'll use the Commuter for certain circumstances, only.

Last edited:

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
i had a commuter case on my blackberry 9650, 3 foot drop to hardwood floor and the screen cracked, so they are not destructible. i got the "fit" tpu case for the maxx off of ebay for 7 bux, and so far so good. it looks/fits great, is a see thru black, and has an argyle design etched into the back. check it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463