Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By blackjaguar25
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default MAXX case that I found

    On accessory geeks they have a case with a kick stand for $14.99 The item # is: HOC-MOMAXXBK Its called the: Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Hard Case w/Holster Stand-Black

    My concern is that the "support" for the kickstand looks kind of flimsy.

    I called VERIZON, and they have nothing in stock at the present time. They told me that they were not going to have one until March 1.

    Just thought someone/anyone might want to look.

    Accessories for the MAXX is sure limited at the present time.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: MAXX case that I found

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    On accessory geeks they have a case with a kick stand for $14.99 The item # is: HOC-MOMAXXBK Its called the: Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Hard Case w/Holster Stand-Black

    My concern is that the "support" for the kickstand looks kind of flimsy.

    I called VERIZON, and they have nothing in stock at the present time. They told me that they were not going to have one until March 1.

    Just thought someone/anyone might want to look.

    Accessories for the MAXX is sure limited at the present time.
    For $14.99, you get what you pay for.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: MAXX case that I found

    There are Otterbox cases out there for the Maxx. That's the case I have on mine.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Why the hell are you guys using cases for the maxx???? It doesn't need one!

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: MAXX case that I found

    I am a construction foreman, and I use my phone for work. It is CONSTANTLY getting bumped. Just trying to protect it.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Im pretty sure the maxx can handle it

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default

    4 foot drop to concrete? I doubt it. Larger battery does add a little bit of weight and I bet the screen will crack if it falls on the concrete.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default

    Well don't take it to work!

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
  9. #9  
    blackjaguar25's Avatar
    Thunderbolter

    Posts
    595 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horr1bleK1tten View Post
    Well don't take it to work!

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    Maybe he needs his phone at work?

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default

    Then buy a less expensive phone for work jeez

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
  11. #11  
    blackjaguar25's Avatar
    Thunderbolter

    Posts
    595 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horr1bleK1tten View Post
    Then buy a less expensive phone for work jeez

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    You have terrible logic.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    PeninaD likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Man you people have no sense of humor

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
  13. #13  
    blackjaguar25's Avatar
    Thunderbolter

    Posts
    595 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horr1bleK1tten View Post
    Man you people have no sense of humor

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    I would rather have logic than humor, and poor humor at that.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  14. #14  

    Default Re: MAXX case that I found

    Otter Box is the most indestructible case I have ever seen on a phone. It's a cliche but it's true, you get what you pay for. On the Otter site the commuter is 35 and the defender is 50. I have seen a phone fly across the floor into a wall with no damage to the phone.
  15. #15  
    hoppyjr's Avatar

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wlpoulson View Post
    Otter Box is the most indestructible case I have ever seen on a phone. It's a cliche but it's true, you get what you pay for. On the Otter site the commuter is 35 and the defender is 50. I have seen a phone fly across the floor into a wall with no damage to the phone.
    +1. I'm using the Otterbox Commuter and its great - loads of protection and easier button operation, while remaining thin and light.


    posted using Tapatalk
  16. #16  
    tlacour's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

    Default Re: MAXX case that I found

    Quote Originally Posted by hoppyjr View Post
    +1. I'm using the Otterbox Commuter and its great - loads of protection and easier button operation, while remaining thin and light.


    posted using Tapatalk
    I agree. I've used these on several phones and have always been very happy with them.
  17. #17  
    leesrt's Avatar

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.3.6

    Default Re: MAXX case that I found

    Quote Originally Posted by Horr1bleK1tten View Post
    Then buy a less expensive phone for work jeez

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk


    How about you get a life and mind your business.
  18. #18  
    AndroidXTC's Avatar

    Posts
    1,038 Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: MAXX case that I found

    Quote Originally Posted by Horr1bleK1tten View Post
    Why the hell are you guys using cases for the maxx???? It doesn't need one!

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    Yes it does the entire outer frame is plastic and will crack and scratch when dropped. I took this phone apart.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: MAXX case that I found

    Definitely needs a case under certain conditions and environs. Otterbox Commuter is what I use when in the out-of-doors or traveling (running through airports), as the sandwich construction will protect to a degree if dropped. And you will drop this phone at some point. Gorilla Glass is good against scratches, so I don't use a screen protector; however, it can shatter if the impact is at the right angle on the phone. Commuter Case protects the glass when placed face down, which I do a lot. Better safe . . .

    Commuter Case enables easy pocket storage, as it's almost as sleek as the phone and doesn't get hung up when removing for a call.

    UPDATE: Reality checked in and I just removed the case. My one problem with the Otterbox Commuter is that while it's smaller and sleeker than the Defender, it is still too bulky for the Razr Maxx. I like the phone because it's very easy to carry around in a pants pocket without needing a belt holder. I will likely get a Diztronic TPU case when it becomes available for the Maxx or just have the phone go combat. I'll use the Commuter for certain circumstances, only.
    Last edited by GRB11; 02-17-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Update to original post on 17Feb2012
  20. #20  

    Default Re: MAXX case that I found

    i had a commuter case on my blackberry 9650, 3 foot drop to hardwood floor and the screen cracked, so they are not destructible. i got the "fit" tpu case for the maxx off of ebay for 7 bux, and so far so good. it looks/fits great, is a see thru black, and has an argyle design etched into the back. check it out!
  21. #21  

    Default Re: MAXX case that I found

    I paid for a hard case with kickstand in buffalo when I was there. Got it for $24.99 with my discount. Bought a second phone but cant find one were I live. Bummer
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: MAXX case that I found

    When I got my new RAZR MAXX yesterday, I took the case that I had ordered/mentioned in this post. Verizon had one there with their little card board advertisement in the package. IT WAS THE SAME EXACT CASE as the one that I had !!!!!!!!! ONLY, mine was 1/2 the price of the one from Verizon !!!!!
  23. #23  

    Default Re: MAXX case that I found

    I was in a local Mall yesterday and stopped by one of those Cellairis phone accessory kiosks. The had two horizontal leather cases that the Maxx fit into with the Verizon glossy silicone bumper case. I picked up the one pictured below because it has slimmer profile on my belt. The belt clip isn't the absolute best but it's locked in one position and seems solid enough. There are belt loops as well. It was $20 but I've seen it on e-Bay for less. I like it quite a bit,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MAXX case that I found-maxx-case-1.jpg   MAXX case that I found-maxx-case-2.jpg   MAXX case that I found-maxx-case3.jpg  

Posting Permissions