No-Go On Early Upgrade

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to go to the store an upgrade today (my upgrade date is 2/28). One employee told me they flat-out can't upgrade early. Another employee told me they CAN upgrade early, but it costs $20, and I wouldn't get my 'loyalty' credit of $30. I then asked if, when I upgrade, they can match the price of Wirefly (which was at $279, actually dropped to $229 today). She said that is to compensate for the loyalty credit. I then told her they offer a $30 Verizon credit for free as well. She then said THAT makes up for the loyalty credit. When I informed her of the simple math of saving $20 by buying through them (at the $279 price), she then said, "Well, you'll have to wait for it to ship with them." I told her they offer 2 day free shipping, and asked her if the phone was in stock in the store. Of course, she said no. Things kind of ended at that point.

It was literally like she was trying to talk me out of sticking with Verizon by 'having an answer' for everything I said. Annoying as all hell. Pretty sure I'm not going back to that store.

Think I may try to call CS, ask if they can match the Wirefly price and if they can order it for me. I called before, and they said they could upgrade early, but not match the price. We'll see what happens this time around.

Anyone figure out a good way to go about an early upgrade?

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Maxx with a two year upgrade for $249. Five days later Verizon announced the BOGO on the Razr. Wife's phone was not due for a two year upgrade till June. I paid the $20 early fee for her line and got her a free phone. $1300 worth of phones for $269 is a pretty good deal.

bigsexxxy69

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Call customer service and talk to them. My line was ready for an upgrade but my wife's line wasn't eligible till next month and I wanted to take advantage of the bogo deal. Went to my local store and they told me no. I called customer service and they didnt want to do it at first but they called me back a couple days later and got the approval to do both lines with the bogo deal.

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Wirefly had them in stock... never bought any phone other than direct from Verizon or face to face before... mine should be here tomorrow. $229

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Wirefly had them in stock... never bought any phone other than direct from Verizon or face to face before... mine should be here tomorrow. $229

Amazon has them in stock at that price too, but you get a $30 Verizon promo card at Wirefly. I've never used them, but I've seen others praise them here.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Scratch that: EARLY UPGRADE A GO, THANKS TO AMAZON!!!

So, per the above posts, I took a look at Wirefly and entered my info to check for my upgrade...no go.

Then, I wandered over to Amazon Wireless to check...BINGO! My upgrade is available! Just ordered the MAXX for $229, keeping my unlimited data plan and the same voice/text plan as well...actually getting 500 extra text messages per month with the upgrade. The best part: No activation fee! Evidently, its waived on Amazon, as it said $0.00!

I should have the phone, in hand, on Friday! Can't wait!

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Wirefly showed the VZW $30 upgrade gift card, but that was only for those changing from a feature phone to a smartphone. Incentive to move up, I guess. Until midnight last night, the activation fee was waived at WF also.
Still nervous about it all, but I did it. Didn't take any of their accessories, ordered screen protectors from Steinheil (Ultra Crystal, loved it on my Dinc, can't go wrong)

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Wirefly showed the VZW $30 upgrade gift card, but that was only for those changing from a feature phone to a smartphone. Incentive to move up, I guess. Until midnight last night, the activation fee was waived at WF also.
Still nervous about it all, but I did it. Didn't take any of their accessories, ordered screen protectors from Steinheil (Ultra Crystal, loved it on my Dinc, can't go wrong)

Well, makes me feel better that I didn't miss out on the $30 credit then. Could probably call Wirefly and argue to get it if you wanted to, as it says it on the phone page as if it comes with any type of phone purchase. I'm sure they wouldn't fight you if you said you were expecting it.

I just checked my Amazon order. It still hasn't shipped yet (should go out today), but it has been approved by Verizon, so that's good. Amazon also threw in a free USB car charger, with USB cord, which is very cool!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney