New Maxx Owners!

dadnkad

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
After a long year and a half of my wife and I both owning Droid Eris's, we finally upgraded to the Maxx's. Using the bogo deal and my $50 credit, we made a great purchase. Going from stock Eris's to the Maxx is a HUGE upgrade. The Maxx is amazing. The speed, size, going from 2.1 to 2.3.6. The battery is awesome! Manage to get almost 18 hours on mild usage and around 9 hours on heavy usage. Even the camera is a huge upgrade with the specs it has. Even though it doesn't have Ice Cream Sandwich, I can safe to say I will enjoy it till it does.
Just having a slight issue using motocast streaming music from the PC.

canibus6

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
What issues are you having with MotoCast? The main issue I have is leaving my computer running 24/7. If your computer goes to sleep (mac or pc), then you won't be connected via MotoCast anymore until your computer wakes up again. But I've streamed music via MotoCast already and its pretty neat, displays lyrics even while the song is playing, in Chinese too!

dadnkad

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Issue I am having is all the music and pictures is stored on the external hard drive. It appears that motocast can't find them. Guess the music, videos, and pictures needs to be copy where motocast can see them.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
you might be able to point motocast to the folders on the external hard drive, but again, if the drive is going to go to "sleep" it then won't be able to be seen.

rharv3#AC

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
After a long year and a half of my wife and I both owning Droid Eris's, we finally upgraded to the Maxx's. Using the bogo deal and my $50 credit, we made a great purchase. Going from stock Eris's to the Maxx is a HUGE upgrade. The Maxx is amazing. The speed, size, going from 2.1 to 2.3.6. The battery is awesome! Manage to get almost 18 hours on mild usage and around 9 hours on heavy usage. Even the camera is a huge upgrade with the specs it has. Even though it doesn't have Ice Cream Sandwich, I can safe to say I will enjoy it till it does.
Just having a slight issue using motocast streaming music from the PC.

Are they talking about porting ICS to it soon? I want one BAD but I also want ICS. I have the X and I was able to wait for GB to come to it!

Sent from my Droid X most likely while tappin' and takin' a $#!%!!!

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
My contract is up this month..

I can't stop debating between Nexus, iPhone, and RAZR MAXX.

:'(

So many pros for each phone..

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My contract is up this month..

I can't stop debating between Nexus, iPhone, and RAZR MAXX.

:'(

So many pros for each phone..

Ya. I hear you. The extremely poor pen tile screen took the razr Max out of the running for me. Having a nexus s made me not want a galaxy nexus. Instead, I'm actually going with HTC rezound. I can't believe it but it seems to be the best offering for my needs on Verizon. I'm going to buy a used one though so I can save my upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
The extremely poor pen tile screen took the razr Max out of the running for me.

I see these comments but to me with my eyes the Maxx looks great. Maybe if I put the Nexus right next to the Maxx would I see a difference. I choose the Maxx due to the number of problems all the Nexus owners are reporting on this and other forums. All you have to do is look at the market thread and you will see all the people selling their Nexus already, that said a lot to me.

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Ha, good call.

I like the used purchase idea.. can save my actual upgrade for devices on it's way.

this is basically my Samsung Reality. What good is a touch screen phone when you can no longer use the touch screen? Can't use this any longer.. a change is needed.
http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn...q/v/vspfiles/photos/222-4266-1.gif?1314885751

to me, I really can't see the issue you are all mentioning.. pentile screen. the razr maxx looks beautiful imo, the screen is flawless. the nexus has a beautiful screen too. maybe im not looking deep enough? idk.

iPhone is slowly gaining ground for me.. even though its amazing how small is it compared to the maxx/nexus/any droid phone

elvis692

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ya. I hear you. The extremely poor pen tile screen took the razr Max out of the running for me. Having a nexus s made me not want a galaxy nexus. Instead, I'm actually going with HTC rezound. I can't believe it but it seems to be the best offering for my needs on Verizon. I'm going to buy a used one though so I can save my upgrade.

I have a used rezound with extended battery if you're interested? :)

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Have you actually used or even played with the MAXX or are you just basing this off the (misinformed) opinions of others. The screen is anything but extrememly poor, it may not be as good as the rezound side by side, but it's definitely not extremely poor. Pentile being bad is horribly overblown, I bought the MAXX used and was surprised that the screen is actually pretty good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX