Adjusting Maxx screen settings at store

winste

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Trying to decide between Gnex and Maxx. Coming from an X.

I have played with both a total of about 15 minutes at the corporate Vstore.

At the settings in the store, the Gnex screen looks much brighter.

I tried to find where to change the brightness on the Maxx to see if I could get a better quality but it wouldn't let me adjust it.

Where in settings can I?

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Settings > Display settings > Brightness > Adjust Brightness Level

***EDIT: VZW stores like to have it set to 100%

chris06ob

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
settings> display > brightness. You have to uncheck automatic brightness. From there u can adjust the brightness manually to your liking.

winste

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Was able to get there today. Adjsuted the brightness on the Maxx to 100% to mach the Gnex. Both looked very good. The automatic on the Razr must have been taking it down quite a bit because it really changed the appearance.

Now it is even more of a difficult choice. Just hate the fact the USB is on top. I like to use my X for GPS and don't want to have the USB cord sticking out the top.

Decisions.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Now it is even more of a difficult choice. Just hate the fact the USB is on top. I like to use my X for GPS and don't want to have the USB cord sticking out the top.

Decisions.
Use GPS in landscape then it sticks out the side. ;)

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Came from the original X, made the same decision you're facing. At the end of the day it is personal preference, but I couldn't live with the Maxx's screen. At any brightness setting other than 100%, I found it to have a blue tint and unable to show a true, crisp white. The Nexus' screen is improved, even at lower brightness. Had they released the Maxx with the upgraded screen resolution instead, there would have been no contest.

winste

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Dural.

I am leaning that way too, just concerned over the signal issues. I get strong 4G signal on my Mifi at my house so I am hoping to with the nexus as well.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to make the same decision, and I went with the Maxx, but then again, I am one of the ones that does not care about the screen as much. To be honest, I actually have changed my MAXX screen to 0%, and I think it looks perfectly fine for me. I came from the X, and I used to have the screen settings at 40%.

In the end, my perceived build quality, and overall appearance is what made me choose the MAXX. I am unable to see screen as a hinderance to this device, but that is my opinion.