Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Deluxe Member

Default Biggest Issue For You?

Let's call this the 'vent' thread. Haha.

Seriously though, we all know that no phone is perfect. So, seeing as though I'm now one week away from my Razr Maxx and there seems to be very few issues with the Razr/Maxx, I want to hear what everyone else could do without on their phone. Even if you think its nit-picking an otherwise great phone, feel free to share.

Have at it!

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.

I've already listed my three biggest issues in this thread:

Help a Blackberry Refugee Sleep at Night and Stuff

I can't say that I miss my blackberry, but there are some things about it that made a lot of sense.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

Screen quality is really important to some... Like me.

I was going to get this phone until I read the verge review. Totally crapped on the Razr devices, especially the screen.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    Thanked by:
    DancesWithFarts likes this.

Default Re: Biggest Issue For You?

Poor 4G connectivity. According to Verizon's map, I only get 4G in their strongest zones. Verizon has what it calls 4G extended zones, and I never get 4G there. Also, sometimes when I leave home (WiFi connection), the phone will not get data at all until I turn off WiFi. It's like it gets confused. Other times, when in a 4G area, the phone sticks with 3G until I switch the connection to 3G only and then back to 3G/4G.

Also, why can't I copy the text of an email? I can select it, but there is no option to copy with long press or the menu button. Seems to be a very obvious feature that was completely overlooked.

I've no issues with this phone. Everything works extremely well. I was a bit apprehensive of blur but I don't even notice it. I really am enjoying this phone. The screen is a non issue for me. Compared to my thunderbolt this screen is amazing. :-)
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by VTX1800N1 View Post
    Also, why can't I copy the text of an email? I can select it, but there is no option to copy with long press or the menu button. Seems to be a very obvious feature that was completely overlooked.
    You can. Highlight the area you want to copy, then tap the highlighted area. You'll see a popup saying "Text copied to clipboard."
    Thanked by:
    MonaandLexie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet View Post
    You can. Highlight the area you want to copy, then tap the highlighted area. You'll see a popup saying "Text copied to clipboard."
    Thank you!

Lol I just call this a thread to keep the phone boosted up in the most popular forums spot.
    Well If I had to pick something I would ave to say it would have been nice it they would have worked a 4.5" screen into this with the physical buttons and make it HD like the Chinese version.
    Blur who cares I'm running Go Launcher anyway....
    Gotta love the batt, and even though u can put a 3800 mAh batt on some, it takes sooo much from the phone.
    This phone is the bar people
    AKA TrendyProfessional1
    rbess1965 likes this.

Buuuuut for a thread with such a reach, the Razr/RazrMaxx can do this........

AKA TrendyProfessional1

1) No two stage hardware shutter button.

2) Why not the Chinese HD screen?

3) Minor complaint: who the hell decided the lanyard slots weren't useful?

Other than that - awesome phone!!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by NWolvie View Post
    I did. Suck it up, soldier.
    droidntn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NWolvie View Post
    1) No two stage hardware shutter button.

2) Why not the Chinese HD screen?

Other than that - awesome phone!!
    Hahahahah
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet View Post
    I did. Suck it up, soldier.
    Great chuckle I needed that one
    AKA TrendyProfessional1

I'd have to say my biggest complaint...and it's not that big of a complaint, is that the camera is average at best. The camera on my Thunderbolt took excellent pictures, and I can't help but wonder why Motorola couldn't produce similar results with the camera on my Maxx.
    Thanked by:

The volume rocker could be better. Other than that, no complaints.

any other disappointments?

Only two things, the screen, now that I have 20/15 vision, I can't un-see the Pentile display.
    The other is screen sometimes doesn't detect touches. I just removed my screen protector and I still
    tap several times to get it to register and then it's perfect for a day or two?
    Other than that the best phone I ever had.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    Deluxe Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaLongueCarabine View Post
    Only two things, the screen, now that I have 20/15 vision, I can't un-see the Pentile display.
    The other is screen sometimes doesn't detect touches. I just removed my screen protector and I still
    tap several times to get it to register and then it's perfect for a day or two?
    Other than that the best phone I ever had.
    I don't see why the display is such an issue for everyone. I have more than perfect vision, and I do notice it once in a while, but never to the point where I'm like, "Ick! Look at this gross display!" Sure, it's not true HD, but, IMO, the screen is so small that it really doesn't matter all that much.

I too have noticed the screen issue as well. However, it seems to occur only while using certain apps. For example, I like Stickman Pro Golf (or whatever its called), and that requires a double touch on the power meter to swing. Well, on occasion, the double touch won't register. It'll register the first touch to start the meter but won't recognize the second. That's where I've noticed the issue, but can't say I've had the issue with anything else that requires quick touches (keyboard, screen test app, emails, etc).

My biggest beef so far is simply that Verizon failed to tell me that the phone is on back order. I ordered two if them and I've already called twice and nobody knows exactly when they will ship.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Mine just stopped working. I reboot it and it gets to the lock screen and powers itself down. I'm off to the Verizon store for a replacement. This thing was so hot last week that I had to keep it out of the holster. There's something seriously wrong with it. Hopefully, they will replace it because I do like the phone.
    Possum Pete

I'm Not Dead!
    Galaxy Note 2

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My biggest issue if you can call it that is the lack of ICS. Which we all know is "coming", which eases this issue for me but the waiting is not something I'm very good at.
    Last edited by coreymcl; 03-12-2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Fixing type-o
    -Corey

So Member subnaiyo doesn't actually own one? Would help if he actually had one to give an opinion for. Thanks for that. He's trusting the Verge then? Fail Guess he wouldn't bother seeing a movie because Ebert says it sucked. K.

As for other issues mentioned by all of you on this thread, you've really made me feel great about my decision to order one. I worked for Moto for 23 yrs working on these phones and radios. I certainly believe in the quality of their products minus a few hiccups. I can't wait to trade out of this Samsung life boat I've been using to get me to this device. I hate that it's back ordered and I'm waiting now, but that tells me that others are seeing that it's going to be a winner and the demand reflects that fact.

If you read the forums of any other devices, and I know you do, you see so many issues with so many others. Can't wait to get this device. Thanks for all your comments.
    MA2GA28 likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Deluxe Member

Quote Originally Posted by rbess1965 View Post
    So Member subnaiyo doesn't actually own one? Would help if he actually had one to give an opinion for. Thanks for that. He's trusting the Verge then? Fail Guess he wouldn't bother seeing a movie because Ebert says it sucked. K.

As for other issues mentioned by all of you on this thread, you've really made me feel great about my decision to order one. I worked for Moto for 23 yrs working on these phones and radios. I certainly believe in the quality of their products minus a few hiccups. I can't wait to trade out of this Samsung life boat I've been using to get me to this device. I hate that it's back ordered and I'm waiting now, but that tells me that others are seeing that it's going to be a winner and the demand reflects that fact.

If you read the forums of any other devices, and I know you do, you see so many issues with so many others. Can't wait to get this device. Thanks for all your comments.
    You're right about the issues with other devices. I had my heart set on the Rezound for the LONGEST time, but after hanging on that board for a while, all the issues (as minor as they were), as well as the HTC-hallmark sub-par battery life, helped me decide that I was not up for buying a phone and dealing with all those problems. My Maxx has been perfect since purchase!

Thanked by:

Not a biggie at all, but after I had this a while, I realised that this phone, unlike my HTC Dinc, did not have an FM antennae in it...good for those whacky emergencies and disasters when the internet & cell-phones go down.

Do NOT like the Camera app because you cannot adjust the resolution amongst other settings that is does not have. Playing with 4 other photo apps to see which I will use instead.

The camera stinks for me. No search in the calendar.....but what I love the most is the battery (obviously) and I no longer have to type when I text. By simply hitting the microphone button, this thing has been dictating for me with amazing accuracy.

No toggles on the pull down menu for wifi, airplane mode, GPS, etc. like my Samsung Fascinate had. I miss that and hate having to go exit an app and go to the home screen to toggle wifi etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast