Backup Assistant

quejo

May 20, 2010
Visit site
My Backup Assistant+ Contacts has stopped working..it always comes back with a failure. What can I do to get it to work again. Tried Verizon but those idiots couldn't help either.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
anyone know how to get rid of the backup assistant contacts? i have both the backup assistant contacts and my gmail contacts, so under each entry, i have two numbers, two emails etc.

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
anyone know how to get rid of the backup assistant contacts? i have both the backup assistant contacts and my gmail contacts, so under each entry, i have two numbers, two emails etc.

Go to contacts, menu, display, select the accounts you don't want displayed and uncheck.

ecfinn

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
My Backup Assistant+ Contacts has stopped working..it always comes back with a failure. What can I do to get it to work again. Tried Verizon but those idiots couldn't help either.

I'm getting the same problem. I thought it was because I was rooted, but now that you mention it it seems to be only a problem since the S/W update.

azrchrd

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I unchecked almost everything, attempted to do the backup using the phone, still had a failure. I tried to do the backup from Verizons website, that worked? Is it a phone problem?

Shawheim

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
backup assistant on an android smartphone is the stupidest thing i have ever seen. whats the point unless you are coming from a dumb phone or a feature phone? if you have android or blackberry or windows phone 7 you can sync your contacts through gmail. no need for a backup assistant. verizon needs to let that app die.

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had the problem but I also didn't sign into the BUA when I first started the phone. I knew I didn't need it so I never registered it.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
see i came from blackberry, this is my first android phone, and i didn't realize that you didn't need both gmail sync and backup assistant, so now i'm stuck with two entries for everything under each contact.

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
see i came from blackberry, this is my first android phone, and i didn't realize that you didn't need both gmail sync and backup assistant, so now i'm stuck with two entries for everything under each contact.

You can fix it by doing a factory reset, when it asks you to log into Back Up assistant hit skip. Once you get the phone set back up it won't sync the contacts anymore because you never set it up.