Razor Maxx Free WiFi??

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried to do a search with no results, so if this is already being discussed somewhere then kindly link me to the topic.

Has anyone found a way to get the mobile hotspot feature to work without having to use Verizon's (and pay them the monthly fee for it)? Root or no root? I heard something about PDANet in combination with FoxFi working on Gingerbread but not sure how that works. Any info would be appreciated.

I'm ready for a new phone and having the wifi hotspot (free of course) is a huge bonus for me. I'm considering this or the Nexus.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Go into the market and download Foxfi. It's free, and you don't have to root. It uses your hotspot, but it doesn't charge you the monthly fee.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried it on my wife's phone (Droid 2 Gingerbread 2.3.3) and it set up the hotspot. But when I connected with my laptop, it redirected to the VZW site saying I should sign up. That's a no go. Anybody getting it to work fully?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Why would u connect it to the ps3 service is all that reliable. its glitchy and consumes alot of data which is in violation of vzw tos.
Yup just tired it and it was that easy just installed and run and free. Wonder if it works on a ps3?

bambears

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for some help I've downloaded the Fox I on my Maxx and was wondering what all I need to do to get it to work? Do I just check the box that says Activate Wifi Hotspot and that's it. Sorry just wanna make sure I'm doing this right

bambears

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks just wanna make sure I'm not using any of my 4 gigs of monthly data. This free wifi will be a big big help, thanks again for the input

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski